Law School Discussion

Kick-Ass 80s Law Firm: The Law Offices of KTJA & Nesnut, A Professional Corp.

nesnut

• Law School is thiiiiiiiis big!
    • View Profile

Yeah my brother kept his Ninja Turtles toys in his room, I wasn't allowed to play with those  :( And my parents only bought me "girl toys."

I'm paying them back by not giving them grandchildren  :)

that's hilarious- you should totally send them christmas cards with your arm hanging in the air around where a kid should be, only instead of a child, you should have a picture of a ninja turtle or a gi joe

:D :D
In this picture, I will also be eating pancakes

YES!  ktja, we should set up a law firm together- we'll have toys from the 80s all over the floor, and mandatory pancake breakfasts 3 times a week.

It'll be called KALF, A Professional Corporation. (KALF- Kick-Ass Law Firm).  Our business cards will have a foot kicking a donkey- it'll be great

YES!  ktja, we should set up a law firm together- we'll have toys from the 80s all over the floor, and mandatory pancake breakfasts 3 times a week.

It'll be called KALF, A Professional Corporation. (KALF- Kick-Ass Law Firm).  Our business cards will have a foot kicking a donkey- it'll be great

I love it

Forget public interest

Hopefully, we can get IHOP to be our primary client

i hear cliff has a nasty coke problem- we'll help him with his legal woes  ;)
[/quote]

And he will give us free pancakes on every day of the year, NOT just International Pancake Day

ATTENTION: The above post was the brainchild, the Genesis of what will be known as the totally Kick-Ass 80s Law Firm: The Law Offices of KTJA & Nesnut, A Professional Corporation.  Please look through our brochure (read the thread) and fill out the following application if you are interested.  Please note that 80s will reflect that entire decade through 1995.

Name:

Totally Bitchin' 80s Nickname:

Paralegal/Assistant (must be from the 80s):

What do you drive (better be radical):

What special 80s skills you will bring to the firm:

Upon completion, your application will be taken under review, and at that time, you will be given instructions, assignments, and told about all our awesome firm perks, including a slip and slide and mandatory saturday morning cartoon viewing.

By the way, we do have a religious affliation: Gaia, that black chick who sort of looked like Oprah Winfrey from "Captain Planet" who used to appear in the sky is the official deity of this law firm.  TGIF is now "Thank Gaia It's Friday".

dividebyzero

• Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wht Kind of Law Firm Will You Work For?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 10:34:27 AM »
The more I learn about biglaw, the less likely it seems I'll be cut out for it. So, I'll probably go federal government.

However, if I had my 'druthers, I'd be a sleazy, semi-crooked lawyer, self-employed with an army of bimbo secretaries and suspicious looking "associates". But, I'd be a simple tax lawyer. My briefcase would have a dollar sign on it in green glitter, and I'd make sure to get coffee stains on EVERYTHING for no apparent reason (you were drinking coffee in the bathroom?!).

nesnut

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 10:36:08 AM »
The more I learn about biglaw, the less likely it seems I'll be cut out for it. So, I'll probably go federal government.

However, if I had my 'druthers, I'd be a sleazy, semi-crooked lawyer, self-employed with an army of bimbo secretaries and suspicious looking "associates". But, I'd be a simple tax lawyer. My briefcase would have a dollar sign on it in green glitter, and I'd make sure to get coffee stains on EVERYTHING for no apparent reason (you were drinking coffee in the bathroom?!).

I like the briefcase- may I carry one like it as well?  no, wait- mine will have a ghostbusters logo on the side of it.

And in place of the lawyerly bmw/bens/jag, i'll roll up to court in the Ecto-1

nesnut

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 10:36:46 AM »
If you want to work for our firm, you must submit a sample of your pancake-making abilities.

Or an inventory of your 80's toy collection.

Agreed- also, be prepared for a rigorous physical test- most likely involving Skip-it

dividebyzero

• Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 10:37:03 AM »
If you want to work for our firm, you must submit a sample of your pancake-making abilities.

I have absolutely no 80's toys, I'm afraid.
But I can burn a mean stack of pancakes. I'm sure you've heard of my world famous "Morning-After Whiskey Flapjacks"  :D.

nesnut

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 10:37:47 AM »

But I can burn a mean stack of pancakes. I'm sure you've heard of my world famous "Morning-After Whiskey Flapjacks"  :D.

hmm, what' do you think, partner ktja?  shall we let him apply?

krumanadi

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 10:38:34 AM »

I have an over-abundance of slap bracelets.

nesnut

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 10:39:24 AM »

oh you are so in

nesnut

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 10:39:52 AM »

I'm concerned by this verb.
I don't like any of my foods too dark
My men..er, associates...now thats another story

LOL- did I mention our firm also racially profiles?

krumanadi

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 10:42:26 AM »

IN!

You will make partner soon, I predict

And my parents told me they were a waste of my money!  I showed them!