Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NYU Class of 2009  (Read 17975 times)

azstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: NYU Class of 2009
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2006, 11:44:22 AM »
Does everyone else have class at 9 am (ek!!!) everyday of the week except thursday...it hurts so much.

ShadowDancer

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2006, 12:09:52 PM »
Does everyone else have class at 9 am (ek!!!) everyday of the week except thursday...it hurts so much.

Speak for yourself! Most of my classes meet after 4 p.m.I do not have a single morning class, but I kind of wish I did. As nice as it is is to sleep in, my concentration is better in the morning than the late afternoon/early evening.

By the way, the times seem very erratic to me. All the classes at my college met at the same time on each day they met. These classes meet at a different time each day.

I have Geistfeld for torts (reading has already been assigned!), Marotta-Wurgler for contracts, Miller for procedure, and Williams for lawyering.
Attending: NYU ($$$)!
In: Miami ($$$$), Georgetown, George Mason, American, W&M ($$), Rugers-N ($$), Temple ($$$), WNEC ($$$$), Columbia

azstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2006, 12:25:17 PM »

Speak for yourself! Most of my classes meet after 4 p.m.I do not have a single morning class, but I kind of wish I did. As nice as it is is to sleep in, my concentration is better in the morning than the late afternoon/early evening.

By the way, the times seem very erratic to me. All the classes at my college met at the same time on each day they met. These classes meet at a different time each day.

I have Geistfeld for torts (reading has already been assigned!), Marotta-Wurgler for contracts, Miller for procedure, and Williams for lawyering.

It'd be nice if they allowed for student input as I'm the exact opposite as you with only morning classes.  BTW i hear Miller is a standout prof from HLS so consider yourself lucky...I have Zeiler(Torts), Scott(Contracts), Issacharoff(CivPro), and Baer(Lawyering)....so far I've only read good things about all of them (minus Baer who is new) so that should make up for the awful start time.

JJJJ

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 21, 2006, 09:15:10 AM »
SBA apparently has a database of outlines for various classes (made by previous students) on their website.  Just thought I'd let you all know in case it was of any use.   
http://www.law.nyu.edu/studentorgs/sba/outlines/firstyear/index.html

Only one of my profs is on the list though  :-[

B.K.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 25, 2006, 10:39:56 PM »
see ya then...

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 29, 2006, 05:53:27 AM »
Are any of you going on the meal plan? I was on a meal plan all throughout college so I thought it might be good to at least have a basic meal plan for my first year of law school, especially since there will probably be moments when I don't have the time to cook. Then again, I could always just pay cash when I feel like eating in the dining halls. That would be better because then I will not be compelled to eat in the dining halls a certain number of times a week.

dont get a meal plan. they're a big rip off--i think it works out to around 10 bucks a meal or something and you'll have to walk past 15 cheaper places just to get to a dining hall
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 29, 2006, 05:57:18 AM »
But in my limited experience here in the Village, I've found it's kind of hard to get a balanced meal for less than 8.50. Sure you can get a burrito or a burger, but a whole meal usually runs upwards of $10.

burrito, burger, falafel, hummus sandwich, any deli sandwich, pizza, soup, salad, etc can all be had with a drink and a side dish for under 10 bucks with less of a walk than the dining halls
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon