Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Letters of Continued Interest  (Read 7678 times)

Deus Ex Machina

• Sr. Citizen
  • Magnus frater spectat te
    • View Profile
    • Take the Roger Water's Cynicism test!
Re: Letters of Continued Interest
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2006, 02:56:50 PM »
I dunno about the next cycle expression of interest..seems like it gives them a way out i.e. "oh well they will apply next year anyway" Just a thought.
Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos were lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armor and shouting 'All gods are bastards.'-T.Pratchett

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2006, 06:28:24 PM »
I tried to reply to you yesterday - but my post was deleted... I agree... I wouldn't mention the next cycle - or buying a house... sounds like you'd be so settled that you wouldn't want to go to law school.  But I like the thoughts for you first 2 paragraphs.  I didn't read any format advice - but I wrote that I'd gladly accept -  made sure to include what I was doing that was NEW since my original application, and then just rehashed a few of my main strengths.  Good luck!  ;)
Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2006, 03:12:27 PM »
thanks guys, i got rid of the last paragraph and rev helped me polish the letter. thanks for your help! :)

cyberrev

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2006, 05:43:57 PM »
youre welcome  :)

Mr. Burnz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2006, 04:03:24 AM »
So, has anyone actually had any success with these letters?  I keep reading about them but haven't really seen any success stories!

It seems like ad comms try to fill out their classes as needed with the people they have on the waitlist (i.e..they need a higher GPA, high LSAT, a minority, a girl from Alaska, etc.).  Of course, I'm sure they'd like to know that you'd accept if given the opportunity.  Thus, is the letter more symbolic in letting them know that you still care?  Or do you think the content really matters and makes you stand out? 

Just curious to see what you guys think and to hear your stories!
-Mr. Burnz

cyberrev

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2006, 10:11:21 AM »
So, has anyone actually had any success with these letters?  I keep reading about them but haven't really seen any success stories!

It seems like ad comms try to fill out their classes as needed with the people they have on the waitlist (i.e..they need a higher GPA, high LSAT, a minority, a girl from Alaska, etc.).  Of course, I'm sure they'd like to know that you'd accept if given the opportunity.  Thus, is the letter more symbolic in letting them know that you still care?  Or do you think the content really matters and makes you stand out? 

-Mr. Burnz

the only success story i have so far is by ignoring a school.  they were the only ones to call me off the wait list

HK

• Sr. Citizen
  • One country, Two Systems...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ZacharyJL
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2006, 02:09:52 PM »

-Mr. Burnz

This is my feeling. I mean, the schools have your file, numbers, LORS...etc...

I guess the best thing to do is let them know you are interested...update them a bit, and let them know if you are admitted, you are there...

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2006, 11:09:29 PM »
I sent my letter of continued interest in, but am not sure if I should bug everyone else to send more LOR's etc if it won't make a difference... too bad the schools don't tell us what's best.  I'm lost on this part of the process...  :P

Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.

BuckeyeGirl22

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2006, 10:48:57 PM »
I sent a letter of continued interest to the school where I am waitlisted but I am definitely not holding my breath. 

Everything that I've read and everyone that I've spoken to about the whole waitlist thing has given me the impression that it's just completely luck if you get acceped off of the list.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed, though!

Bettn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2006, 11:06:17 AM »
I sent in a letter to a school I was deferred at. I was waitlisted there even though I should have been rejected. So, as soon as I was waitlisted, I sent them an email letting them know they're my top choice. I figure it can only help.