Law School Discussion

Poll

ok, some of these are overlapping, so pick more than one...what should i do?

go to FSU and forget about the other schools i haven't heard back from yet
Go to FSU but hold out hope for another school, making my apt search that much more difficult
Withdraw from northeastern
withdraw from suffolk
withdraw from case

what to do?

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
what to do?
« on: April 12, 2006, 07:15:55 AM »
well?

Re: what to do?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 07:26:16 AM »
well?

You made the poll so you can only pick one option. I picked #2, cause I think you shouldn't rule out any schools until you hear back from them for sure, but you can't let FSU slip by you either.

Also, hi! :)

BigRig

• Detroit Basketball!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BTRig12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 07:31:12 AM »
I picked number 1 as I believe at this point it's easier to assume that the other schools will not pan out. This way, there won't be any unnecessary stress or let down. Assume you'll be going to FSU, which I think is a great option unless you want to be in NE. In the event something changes with these other schools, address it then.

Also, we have nearly identical numbers but I was not offered a scholarship on the first go round.  Do you have any insight here? And by the way, pay attention to posts regarding residency transfer if you haven't.  There is some uncertainty causing concern for much of us, but I am hopeful it'll work itself out. I am not looking back on FSU.

Barney

• 1L who should have better things to do
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 08:43:17 AM »
I've had some luck asking for extensions on response deadlines.  It may be the way to go in your case.

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 10:11:28 AM »
how do i make it so you can pick more than one?

also, i talked to a student from fsu two days ago, she actually called to see if i had any questions and was really nice.  i grilled her for about 30 minutes...here's what i got:

1.  residency is wicked easy to get, the fin aid office actually walks you through the steps to get residency as soon as you get on campus so all second and third years have residency.
2.  the grading curve is brutal, and makes the students competitive, but not cutthroat...
3.  living in tallahassee is nice
4.  the facilities are nice
5.  if i want to come back to boston im going to have some issues since the OCIs are pretty much all from Florida, Atlanta, and Alabama, but i can make connections and get a job back home ill just have to put some legwork in.
6.  financial aid office is for the whole school....but apparently there are 2 liasons there specifically for law students and they make the process a lot easier.

that is about it.  im taking a trip down in a couple of weeks to check things out

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 10:54:02 AM »
how do i make it so you can pick more than one?

also, i talked to a student from fsu two days ago, she actually called to see if i had any questions and was really nice.  i grilled her for about 30 minutes...here's what i got:

1.  residency is wicked easy to get, the fin aid office actually walks you through the steps to get residency as soon as you get on campus so all second and third years have residency.
2.  the grading curve is brutal, and makes the students competitive, but not cutthroat...
3.  living in tallahassee is nice
4.  the facilities are nice
5.  if i want to come back to boston im going to have some issues since the OCIs are pretty much all from Florida, Atlanta, and Alabama, but i can make connections and get a job back home ill just have to put some legwork in.
6.  financial aid office is for the whole school....but apparently there are 2 liasons there specifically for law students and they make the process a lot easier.

that is about it.  im taking a trip down in a couple of weeks to check things out

I dunno if you can make it have more than one choice once the poll is already made.

Also, have fun visiting FL!!!! :) Sounds like you got some good info there.