Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LEEWS CDs  (Read 2747 times)

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: LEEWS CDs
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 08:48:23 PM »
I would just go ahead and buy them- it won't hurt to use them. In my opnion, anything you do prep wise (less reading actual casebooks in their entirety) can only help you come fall. Reading postive/negative comments won't really tell you how the cds will work for you.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2006, 07:49:25 AM »
When should you start using the LEEWS cd?

icf

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2006, 09:47:53 AM »
are there different editions year to year, and if so, do they differ much?  also, if i buy used, i just need to make sure it includes 8 CDs, the primer book, and the 30 diagrams, right?

thx

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2006, 10:24:27 AM »
If you buy used, you really only HAVE to make sure it includes the CDs and the diagrams.

I, for one, am keeping my primer when I sell the CDs(which will be in a couple of months, most likely).  You can order just a primer from the LEEWS site.  The price you pay, however, should reflect the fact that you're not getting the primer.

I think a primer from LEEWS is something like $20.

I don't think the editions matter very much (if there even are different editions; there may not be).  Regardless, if you buy the CDs, you're getting a newer version.

As for when to start using it, that depends.  I guess PLS recommends doing them in August before you even start school.  I can see that in some ways that'd be helpful, but in otherways, worthless (like a lot of PLS, IMO).

I'd say doing LEEWS early in the semester would be good.  Most 1Ls don't start outlining very early on, mostly because until you're in classes for a couple of months, you don't really know how to discern what's really important for an outline.  Finishing up LEEWS right before you being outlining would probably be the best idea.

For me, I didn't quite listen to all the CDs in a weekend (like you're supposed to).  I spread them out.  I started late September, and finshed them in mid-October.  Then I started outlining, and was up-to-date on my outlines by late November.  I simply added to my outlines as I had class.  I was focusing on doing practice problems for about 3 weeks before finals, starting just after my final memo was due for Legal writing.

I think that worked pretty well for me.  I had more than enough time to focus on my exam writing skills, in addition to getting a good command of the material.  It was also helpful to practice *using* my outlines efficiently while doing problems.

This worked for me, and I highly recommend it. But remember that law school is all about trial and error, and what worked for me may not be what's best for you.

Oh, and when I decide to sell my study guides and LEEWS, I'll likely stick them up on Ebay. I'll post links to the auctions here when I put them up.

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2006, 11:10:15 AM »
tag
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Orwell

cayberr

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2006, 11:44:26 AM »
me too.

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 01:39:25 PM »
anyone else have any experience w/ LEEWS?

AlanShore

• Sr. Citizen
  • One day...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2006, 01:58:24 PM »
tag
Corona Light with Lime:
Bud Select (WL): 3 of them
Warm Busch: Chicago, Columbia, Yale, NYU (:()
Still Brewing: too many to count
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary" - Vince Lombardi
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ChuckNorris

catsmeow

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2006, 02:33:33 PM »
tag

mivida2k

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2006, 03:11:13 PM »
a random aside -- I think the creator of LEEWS is the father of the star of "Prison Break"...both from my hometown, same name.
...are any of you planning to do one of those $1000 law school bootcamps, or do you feel like LEEWS + a 'LS Confidential'-type book is prep enough?  there certainly is no shortage of companies happy to take the money of panicked over-preparing 0Ls.

That is correct. 
The president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.