Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL NOTRE DAME LAW SCHOOL CLASS OF 2009 THREAD  (Read 5794 times)

XelaWho

• View Profile
Re: THE OFFICIAL NOTRE DAME LAW SCHOOL CLASS OF 2009 THREAD
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2006, 11:11:29 AM »
I'm from Detroit, but I went to college at a small school in Nashville, Tennessee, and I have been living in Guatemala teaching at an English-speaking high school for the last year.  I guess I am kind of a roamer. 

I am definitely going to check out the London Program but I don't know if I will do it.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2006, 11:27:18 AM »
I'm from Florida, but I went to school in Indiana and taught abroad for a few years as well. I am sort of a roamer as well, I guess. I know I don't like Florida.

piccadilly

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2006, 01:16:21 PM »
sorry to clog this with a tech question, but i can find myself in the directory, but does anyone know how to get my ndID to retrieve my netID? my SSN won't work and i'm trying to get to the housing app

very excited for next year and to meet you all -- I went to undergrad at ND and it is a simply amazing school. I can't say enough good things about it

mccapj2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2006, 01:20:29 PM »
It may be that they haven't processed your seat deposit yet.

What do you recommend for housing?

piccadilly

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2006, 01:33:48 PM »
yea I'll keep checking

stay away from undergrad complexes -- Castle Point, College Park, and especially Turtle Creek. Good for undergrad lifestyle, not so much for grad students. Other than that, you can't go too wrong. There are some nice apartment complexes about a ten minute drive from the law school. The irish insider thing does a good job of describing them. I would rather live in mishawaka area than downtown, because downtown SB isn't that nice. I think anything in Granger is too far away.  I'm not sure if i'm going to live on campus or not yet -- I might want to get away sometimes. good luck!

i'm so ready for football season

Barney

• Sr. Citizen
  • 1L who should have better things to do
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2006, 01:47:45 PM »
No go on Castle Point?  The apartment shaped like a castle was the only selling point that seems to have stuck on my "convince the girlfriend that she really wants to move to Indiana" campaign. Is it that bad?

mccapj2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2006, 01:49:05 PM »
Well, it means she probably wants to be a princess and while that's ideal, I would be wary and know what you're getting into.  An apartment building at Irish Hills caught on fire this weekend.

Barney

• Sr. Citizen
  • 1L who should have better things to do
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2006, 01:55:54 PM »
I already know what I'm into (hence GMU remains on my list of possibilities, despite there being no good reason, aside from staying in Virginia, to pick it over ND). 

Have to admit, though, the place does look more like a country club than an apartment complex. A hot tub wouldn't be bad after a long day of trudging through the snow.

piccadilly

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2006, 02:28:07 PM »
castle point isn't that bad of a place, but it is mostly undergrads. It's pretty nice for how cheap it is.

aside from the castle turrets, another great selling point is that your address can be #### Enchanted Forest or other castle-like lingo. It's like a theme park over there.

Khannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2006, 12:51:26 AM »
Well, I am going to ND too.  I have been here for 4 years undergrad so I am familiar with the area. Thinking about living off campus if I find the right roomate.

If any of you have questions re: the area/etc. feel free to email me at khannon@nd.edu