Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL NOTRE DAME LAW SCHOOL CLASS OF 2009 THREAD  (Read 5889 times)

mccapj2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: THE OFFICIAL NOTRE DAME LAW SCHOOL CLASS OF 2009 THREAD
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2006, 01:20:47 PM »
Yeah.  That's sort of my question.  In undergrad I was a dependant and used my parents' address as my permanent home, but there I'll be on my own.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006, 01:27:33 PM »
You aren't an Indiana resident by default if you keep your permanent address elsewhere. You don't need to be a dependent to keep your permanent address with your parents. I did that for two years while working abroad so I could vote in Florida and claim residency for tuition purposes if I so chose.  I'm not sure about the car though because you'd probably have to use your parents' address and pay to insure everyone else to drive your car.

mccapj2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 01:36:47 PM »
yeah... everybody in my house is on my insurance card, and I use that address.  However, I don't own any property in Virginia and don't think that I would be able to claim residency.

aquafinaisbetter

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 02:51:08 PM »
700 for apatment seems expensive from wwhat i've been looking at.   500-600 month seems to capture most apartments.  hopefully the dorms work out though eh

kingofspain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 03:20:52 PM »
Orientation is 4 months from today...

mccapj2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 03:23:56 PM »
I'm getting pumped.  The message board is going to be up on April 25 and they're sending us our ID numbers to get our NDid.

Barney

• Sr. Citizen
  • 1L who should have better things to do
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2006, 03:42:28 PM »
700 for apatment seems expensive from wwhat i've been looking at.   500-600 month seems to capture most apartments.  hopefully the dorms work out though eh

I've been figuring on rent plus utilities and other household expenses.  It's also been my experience that apartment managers and guide books lie. Even if they have apartments at the low end of their listed range, I'm betting against them renting one to me.

XelaWho

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2006, 05:14:43 PM »
I've heard the concern raised in relation to other schools that off-campus residents have a tougher time meeting people, though with a 180 person class, it seems like you're bound to know everyone quickly enough.

Yeah, you're correct.  I am sure it is no problem meeting people wherever you live, but I guess I will need to practice my bowling over the summer. ;D

Barney

• Sr. Citizen
  • 1L who should have better things to do
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2006, 05:34:00 PM »
What's with the bowling, anyway?  I mean, don't get me wrong, I think bowling is all good fun. I appreciate any sport that can be done just as well with a beer in hand.  But am I the only one who's concerned that the preoccupation with it at ND is unsettling? Is there really that little else to do in South Bend?

kingofspain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2006, 05:50:51 PM »
What's with the bowling, anyway?  I mean, don't get me wrong, I think bowling is all good fun. I appreciate any sport that can be done just as well with a beer in hand.  But am I the only one who's concerned that the preoccupation with it at ND is unsettling? Is there really that little else to do in South Bend?

they just play it up as a way to show the camaraderie at the law school.  i dont think its the only thing to do, but it's something almost all the law students do.  everything i got from uiuc, for example, talked about the law school softball league.