Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL NOTRE DAME LAW SCHOOL CLASS OF 2009 THREAD  (Read 5785 times)

Barney

• Sr. Citizen
  • 1L who should have better things to do
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: THE OFFICIAL NOTRE DAME LAW SCHOOL CLASS OF 2009 THREAD
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 09:27:49 AM »
[1] May as well become a resident of Indiana, if only because I think it could only bring down the cost of car insurance. 

[2] Was planning on just keeping my cell carrier/number. Who worries about "long distance" any more, anyway?  Changing numbers is a pain.  Though, I guess, if Verizon provides awful reception in South Bend, I'd give some thought to switching.

XelaWho

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 11:42:34 AM »
I sent my deposit in on Friday.  Talk about last minute, but I am feeling great about the decision though I didn't visit the school.  I am living in Guatemala so it made it kind of impossible.  Oh well, I am sure it will be great.

Go Irish!

Juxtalaw

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 09:31:53 AM »
1. No
2. No- I had good reception in the area when I visited, so I don't see a reason to switch.

I'm entering the lottery for graduate student housing- anyone else?

mccapj2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 09:44:26 AM »
I'll be finding an apartment.  I can't go back to single beds, Big Brother, and I don't really want a roommate anymore, either.

Barney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 10:13:08 AM »
Really leaning towards off-campus housing, too.  The price seems right for the on-campus apartments though.  If only I could get past thinking of them as glorified dorms.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 10:56:13 AM »
Living off campus- no way I am going to live in a dorm at age 29- that's just insane. That and I already have a huge storage unit full of stuff I'd actually like to use again.

XelaWho

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »
Not becoming a resident of Indiana
Not changing cell phone carriers

I will apply for student housing.  The price seems fair enough, I don't want to drive to campus every morning, and I would like to be able to meet plenty of different people easily (though I am sure I could live off campus and meet people).

Barney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2006, 12:20:55 PM »
I've heard the concern raised in relation to other schools that off-campus residents have a tougher time meeting people, though with a 180 person class, it seems like you're bound to know everyone quickly enough.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2006, 12:29:55 PM »
I've heard the concern raised in relation to other schools that off-campus residents have a tougher time meeting people, though with a 180 person class, it seems like you're bound to know everyone quickly enough.

The people I met at admitted students' day indicated that it is incredibly easy to meet people at ND no matter where you live. The class is tiny and most people go to the football games in the fall and bowl in the winter, so that's a time to get to know people outside of class. Plus, ND doesn't assign sections so you won't be stuck with the same 50 or so students in each class.

kingofspain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2006, 01:13:59 PM »
if you're living off-campus, aren't you an indiana resident by default?  and you will have to register your car in indiana right?