Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Advice for late arival  (Read 848 times)

MikeQ

• View Profile
Advice for late arival
« on: January 20, 2004, 05:48:43 PM »
I decided late in the year that I wanted to attend law school.  I am very excited about it now, but I didn't take my LSAT until december and am just applying to schools now.

I scored a 156 on LSAT and have a GPA of 3.52.  I was also out of school for a few years where I had a few promotions in a good company (so do have work experience)

I am wondering as how hurt my chances are in getting into schools because I took the test late, as well as any chances at scholorships.  Also looking for schools I should apply to, looking to stay in the Midwest area.

Also I have seen people in this fourm say things like (GPA fell to ... thanks to the LSDAS report).  what is meant by that, why would your GPA be listed as lower than it was?

Thanks for any help.

hookem law

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Advice for late arival
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 01:46:44 AM »
As long as you get your applications in by each schools' deadline, you should be fine.  I took the Dec LSAT too and just mailed my stuff off yesterday.  You may be at a slight disadvantage at some of the more competitive schools you apply to. 

LSDAS gpa may be different if you took, for instance, summer school at another school and got a C.  Your UG school would simply give you credit, ignoring the grade.  LSDAS will count the grade regardless.  So if you have a 3.5 from your school, but 9 hours worth of C's from another summer program, your LSDAS gpa (the one schools will be looking at) would be a little lower.