Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What do you eat and how much do you spend for lunch?  (Read 1581 times)

ttiwed

What do you eat and how much do you spend for lunch?
« on: August 05, 2004, 03:08:25 PM »
i discovered this cafe that has the best mushroom and swiss burger. i've been spending 6 bucks a day for lunch. for me that's a lot.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: What do you eat and how much do you spend for lunch?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 03:09:40 PM »
i usually pack my lunch.

but i spend about 20 a day on cigs, coffee, and water.  and that is a lot.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

Kathcolo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 03:11:36 PM »
I usually work through lunch and eat crackers and coke from the office fountain machine. So, I'm spending very little, but I indulge sometimes and eat out. I'm craving Moe's Southwestern nachos for dinner. My husband starts law school in 2 weeks so I feel I should be economical, but string cheese and organic enchiladas are getting old!!

Ginatio

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 03:12:06 PM »
last summer while I was working and wasn't thinking about applying to law school, I think I spent around $6-8 a day on lunch. We get stuff delivered to the office, so one day I might have had a salad, and another day a turkey club--or something along those lines. I try to stay away from beef for lunch though, it makes me tired and groggy.

this summer, after having finalized my 1L budget, I've been going home every day to eat leftovers for lunch.

mkagan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 03:13:43 PM »
i either brown paper bag it or get falafal for 3 bucks from Moshe's falafal on 46th...
I think pickles are cucumbers that sold out. They sold their soul to the devil, and the devil is dill...

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 03:30:13 PM »
edit

Kathcolo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 03:39:30 PM »
I'm sure this has been answered other places, but Zap where are you going to law school? Yeah, I'm losing weight like a bandit these days from stress and not eating. Woo hoo!!

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 03:42:47 PM »
edit

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 04:18:32 PM »
I typically get this pasta salad from Bertucci's. It's the greatest. It's not on their menu, but they give it to me anyway for $1.99 and of course it comes w/ rolls and butter.

darren

• Sr. Citizen
  • Nader / Camejo 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 05:42:19 PM »
Oh, I dunno... 25-50 cents for a box of mac and cheese.  Make up a big pot once a week and warm it up every day at work.  Heat up a hot dog.  I might have about 40 cents in my daily lunch, once you count in buns and the milk/butter/etc going into the mac and cheese, if that.  And somehow, it gets the job done and keeps me going.

But to say I'm thrifty is an understatement.  I'm gonna be filthy rich when I get out of law school, because I'm just not going to spend what I make!  Right now I save about half my monthly salary, and I only make about 10 bucks an hour.  If that tells you anything about how I spend money.  And somehow I've still managed to acquire several new musical instruments over the past few months.  It's all about priorities.

ZAP

Wow, that's pretty frugal.  I thought I was doing well, I probably average about $3-4 (Canadian) per day.
GPA - 3.55 Overall, 3.75 Last 3 Years
LSAT - 169,171 on Timed Practice Tests