Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fee Waivers  (Read 359 times)

paigeroo

Fee Waivers
« on: April 11, 2006, 03:28:51 PM »
I'm a poor student and can't afford to spend hundreds on App fees.  Is there a Standard operating procedure for getting your application fee waived... like some form you fill out... or do you have prove some financial need or something complicated like that?

Any input would definitely be cool...

oldhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fee Waivers
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 03:58:00 PM »
Kill the LSAT.

HTH.

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 08:39:26 PM »
I believe you should also try to get the $112 LSAT fee waived. I don't know the details but I understand that students who are “poor enough” to get the LSAT fee waived generally (more easily) can get all but a few schools to waive the application fee. I heard NYU is one of those schools that refuse to honor whatever it is you get with the LSAT waiver.

However, keep in mind that this information is second hand and that because I did not go through the process myself, I don’t know the details.

1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve

galex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 10:33:22 PM »
Try this page on the LSAC website:

http://www.lsac.org/LSAC.asp?url=/lsac/lsdas-fee-waivers.asp

I'm not sure what their threshold is for waiving fees, but its worth a shot.  If LSAC approves a fee waiver for the LSAT, some schools will also provide matching fee waivers.  Also, some schools will send out fee waivers based on your CRS information (that's how I got several of my fee waivers.)