Law School Discussion

Who is going to Georgetown?

andyg

• View Profile
Re: Who is going to Georgetown?
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006, 11:13:18 PM »
bump

edit: and i put down the 2 bedroom apt as my first, followed by the 2 bedroom efficiencies, then the 3 bedrooms.

That is my order as well...i figure if i am going to live there, might as well be social!

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2006, 08:17:07 AM »
Regarding the confirmation email.  I only got that once they had my check in hand.  Apparently, my transcript got there a while ago, but they don't send out the email until they have the money.  So I wouldn't be too worried about not getting the email yet.

On another note, I live a little east of Union Station in a row house with some of my friends.  It's quite a good deal and I love living on the hill.  It's so convenient (except when it comes to grocery shopping).

andyg

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2006, 02:57:54 PM »
Regarding the confirmation email.  I only got that once they had my check in hand.  Apparently, my transcript got there a while ago, but they don't send out the email until they have the money.  So I wouldn't be too worried about not getting the email yet.

On another note, I live a little east of Union Station in a row house with some of my friends.  It's quite a good deal and I love living on the hill.  It's so convenient (except when it comes to grocery shopping).

I sent in my check today!  They are building a safeway over by Gallery place, should be done in a year or so, they are digging out the ground now.

erox

• no more burning man for erox....
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 07:57:42 PM »
I should be there. I already sent in my deposit, then heard from UCLA yesterday that they are offering me a full scholarship. Sweet Jeebus!!!  ???

I don't know, though. I LOVED GULC, I will be doing a dual degree program (that required a hefty deposit) and I think DC will do great things for my career (int'l law).

OK everyone, tell me I am not stupid for turning UCLA down. I live in cali now and everyone thinks I am insane. They clearly don't understand how hard G-town rocks.

But seriously, what made all of you choose GULC over other schools? For me, being in DC, the amazing faculty, the int'l law focus, and the quality of admitted students all make me feel like it will be worth the money.

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 08:55:13 PM »
You're not stupid.  UCLA is a regional school.

andyg

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 09:40:58 PM »
I should be there. I already sent in my deposit, then heard from UCLA yesterday that they are offering me a full scholarship. Sweet Jeebus!!!  ???

I don't know, though. I LOVED GULC, I will be doing a dual degree program (that required a hefty deposit) and I think DC will do great things for my career (int'l law).

OK everyone, tell me I am not stupid for turning UCLA down. I live in cali now and everyone thinks I am insane. They clearly don't understand how hard G-town rocks.

But seriously, what made all of you choose GULC over other schools? For me, being in DC, the amazing faculty, the int'l law focus, and the quality of admitted students all make me feel like it will be worth the money.

I live in DC now, and wanted to stay here...it is a great city to study law in. Also, I thought the facilities were amazing, and I had alot of fun during the preview weekend. I think if you go there over UCLA you won't regret it.

texas1

• where is the library?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2006, 09:52:15 PM »
tag - I should hear this week whether I am in (transfer EA)

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2006, 10:58:41 AM »
I picked GULC over Northwestern and the University of Washington (which is where I went to undergrad) because I love DC so much.  But I do think that you need to be aware of what DC is like.  Some people come here and hate it.  I think that I never want to leave, and the opportunities here are unparalleled.

trogdor

• the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2006, 11:04:56 AM »
I picked GULC over Northwestern and the University of Washington (which is where I went to undergrad) because I love DC so much.  But I do think that you need to be aware of what DC is like.  Some people come here and hate it.  I think that I never want to leave, and the opportunities here are unparalleled.

totally agree... some people hate it and some love it.  i have found few that are in-between.  the people that hate it generally think it is isolating and "cold".  the people who love generally think it is  energizing and exciting.  i think what i love most about it, other than it being the political center of the u.s., is the abundance of young professionals from so many different backgrounds.  everyone seems to have a purpose and brings something unique to the table for discussion. 

andyg

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2006, 11:41:28 AM »
totally agree... some people hate it and some love it.  i have found few that are in-between.  the people that hate it generally think it is isolating and "cold".  the people who love generally think it is  energizing and exciting.  i think what i love most about it, other than it being the political center of the u.s., is the abundance of young professionals from so many different backgrounds.  everyone seems to have a purpose and brings something unique to the table for discussion. 

I read a stat once that said that DC has the highest number of unmarried professionals per capita than any other city in the country...not sure if that is true or not, but it is a good reason to come to DC!