Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Still waiting for ASU  (Read 860 times)

katew

• View Profile
Still waiting for ASU
« on: April 11, 2006, 12:43:28 PM »
I applied to ASU pretty late, in January, but I still haven't gotten an answer yet. Is anyone else still waiting? Are they still admitting new people?

GreyStreet

Re: Still waiting for ASU
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 07:45:02 PM »
I have not heard either! Ap in late Jan.  156/3.88

Saphyrva

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 08:23:43 PM »
I applied in October and haven't heard.  I'm also out-of-state, though, so I pretty much gave up hope.

LizA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 08:30:55 PM »
Yeah, I haven't heard from ASU either and Loyola LA. The only schools that i have yet to receive a phone call or e-mail or letter from. I probably wouldn't go to ASU anyway so i don't care too much.

loki13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exterminate all rational thought.
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'm in the same boat
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 10:11:56 PM »
Applied to 14 schools.

Heard from 13 of them (even, *gasp* Syracuse on Monday). ASU is a no-show. Haven't heard a peep from them since they told me my file went complete sometime in the Cenozoic.

I just figger it'll get here when it gets here. Unless they offer a free ride and a pony, I can't imagine going there at this point.

dodo97

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 11:09:41 PM »
I applied when the OP did, and heard back about three weeks ago. There seems to be a lot of people that haven't heard back from them. They have two admitted students programs, one last week and the other in two weeks. I went to the one last week, and there were only about 15 students there, and only about half of them were dead-set on going, while most others were still considering other options. The small number was actually cool because we could really monopolize the time of the professors and finaid/admissions people, but I was pretty surprised. They have a class of about 180, so I'm not sure if they're that behind or what the deal is.

bobcat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 11:58:02 PM »
I applied to ASU back in early december.  I went complete within 3 weeks, but didn't get a decision from them until the 2nd week of March.  They seem to be taking their sweet time.  It does look like I will be going there, though, unless U of A comes through with a miracle.  I'll take the sweet sunshine of the desert over the snow and clouds of the midwest any day.
Accepted: Arizona State, DePaul ($$), Illinois ($$), Indiana-Bloomington, Minnesota
Waitlisted: Arizona
Rejected: Utah

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=bdoxey

dodo97

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 12:06:06 AM »
As someone who was born and raised in the Midwest and lived all but 17 months of my life there, I must say, at least from a weather perspective, damn good decision! My four days out there over New Year's solidified that (although it did hit 71 here today... it was 38 with gusty cold winds when my flight landed on Saturday after the admitted students thing).

catalyst81

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 12:12:09 AM »
I don't know about that.  At 115 in the summer, sunshine takes on a whole new meaning! 

bobcat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 12:16:04 AM »
Dodo, I had a similar experience when I flew into Minneapolis for the admitted students' weekend.  It was 35 degrees, plus a pretty good gust, and I wasn't happy about it.  And that was the last weekend in March, I can't even imagine what it would be like in January.  This past winter, I had serious issues when the Salt Lake temperature dropped to freezing.
Accepted: Arizona State, DePaul ($$), Illinois ($$), Indiana-Bloomington, Minnesota
Waitlisted: Arizona
Rejected: Utah

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=bdoxey