Law School Discussion

which schools seemed like the most fun party schools?

which schools seemed like the most fun party schools?
« on: June 21, 2006, 02:18:37 PM »
I've heard good things about UVA, but do not have the stats to get in.

Where else will law school be a big party?

dividebyzero

• Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • MSN Messenger - daedelus_rex@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: which schools seemed like the most fun party schools?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 02:20:09 PM »
As far as being a being party, I don't think many law schools will be.

As far as being more party-prone than others, I would agree that I definately got that impression from UVa and Vanderbilt.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 02:21:09 PM »

As far as being more party-prone than others, I would agree that I definately got that impression from UVa and Vanderbilt.

Vanderbilt huh?

I hear its actually a pretty decent, read not southern hickish, city.

dividebyzero

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 02:24:47 PM »

Vanderbilt huh?

Nashville, in general, has a very good reputation as being a party-friendly town. It's not "hickish" in the Bible-thumping, *&^%-kicking kind of way, but is still noticeably Old South and Baptist. That doesn't stop them from drinking, though.

I've heard very good things about USC, too, but didn't get a chance to check it out for myself. Cornell was surprisingly fun, too (but small and isolated).

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 02:25:52 PM »

Vanderbilt huh?

Nashville, in general, has a very good reputation as being a party-friendly town. It's not "hickish" in the Bible-thumping, *&^%-kicking kind of way, but is still noticeably Old South and Baptist. That doesn't stop them from drinking, though.

I've heard very good things about USC, too, but didn't get a chance to check it out for myself. Cornell was surprisingly fun, too (but small and isolated).

Nice review of Vandy.  I'm hoping to go down there and visit a rising 2L friend to get a better sense of the area. 

dividebyzero

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 02:28:32 PM »

Vanderbilt huh?

Nice review of Vandy.  I'm hoping to go down there and visit a rising 2L friend to get a better sense of the area. 

Well, you'll almost assuredly have fun, especially in the summer. Assuming you're a guy as well, the women are *phenomenal*, which was a welcomed surprise  :D. If not, then umm...I'm sure the guys are ok, too.

Tulane was once notorious until, well, you know...if things ever get back to normal, they'd be in my top 5 of "party-friendly" schools.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 02:34:44 PM »
I had someone show me some Vandy girls.  I used a box of tissues.

Tulane is another one on my list.

I want to be a part of the rebuilding process and I'm damn good at distributing things like bead necklaces.

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 10:44:49 AM »
Vandy is a really fun school. the reputation is great, gals are beautiful, and nasheville is an awesome town. I would have thught it would have had a very south shall rise again mentality, but it seemed to have all the good points the south has to offer(polite people,climate,charm). The overall hospitality and southern charm makes the city very desirable. Ive heard great things about UVA as well. If one of these schools gave me a bid, I would have went.

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 12:39:10 PM »
U. Miami no question. 

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 12:57:54 PM »
Um, don't go to ANY law school with the intention of doing a lot of partying.  Then again, if you feel like holding down the bottom of the curve for your fellow classmates, I am sure they will think you are very generous.