Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bitchy Fashion Comment  (Read 3816 times)

lexylit

Re: Bitchy Fashion Comment
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2004, 07:39:42 PM »
i went to the GRE in a little tank top and a big fleece sweatshirt and they made me leave the fleece in a locker and freeze my ass off in this room that was like negative 20 degrees for 3 hours  >:(

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2004, 07:50:12 PM »
Did you end up highbeaming everyone else in the room?   ;D
LOL.  That would be more distracting that a person coughing up a storm.

Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

lexylit

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2004, 07:54:39 PM »
ha... you take the GRE on a computer, and they had surveillance cameras on us to make sure we had our eyes on our own screens.

i guess that could potentially be even creepier  :-\

Kathcolo

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2004, 09:10:40 PM »
I took the GRE in 1999 so this might have changed, but and my only big complaint was that the reading comprehension section was squeezed at the bottom so you had to scroll up and down to read it. It was very obxoious and time consuming. And part of the computer test is that the questions are based on your answers not just a stock test where everyone takes the same one and has the same questions. Since the questions get progessively harder until you miss one, then they get easier and build themselves back up, it was easy to psyche yourself out thinking you got more wrong than you truly did. The question would seem easier and you'd thik, "Did I get the last one wrong or is just just easier for ME?"

I think I wore jeans and a sorority t-shirt. I remember I took it the last week of classes the Fall semester of my senior year of college when I was taking 18 hours and being an English major all of my papers were due that week. Yes, brilliant planning Kitty, just brilliant!

Ginatio

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2004, 09:42:37 PM »
back when i was still deciding whether to get a masters or a law degree, i left it up to the gre and the lsat... i told myself i'd go whichever route i had the higher entrance exam score in.

and i f-ing hated the gre... there's no more logic section, you HAVE to take it on a computer, there's no going back and forth, and the whole self-adjusting aspect of it seemed unfair to me... not very standardized if you could be taking a completely different test than anyone else ... there's a verbal, math, and writing section. so basically, it's the SATs all over again, only a little harder.

LSATs were sooo much easier. they only tested logic and reading comprehension, not archaic vocabulary and cryptic word relations. god i hate that crap. only an english major would think the gre is easier than the lsat.  :P

you'd find the gre supereasy after the lsat, seriously. the logic games are 100 times simpler, and even MY math score was higher than my verbal score if you can believe that (the score, not the percentile-- because everyone aces the math section).

lexylit

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2004, 09:45:35 PM »
 :D guilty

lexy loves analogies  :-[

mukhia

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2004, 12:29:25 AM »
GRE and GMATs were easy peasy Japaneasy.

Okay, back to fashion.

I for one will sorely miss Friends and SATC because I will no longer be able to indulge in Rachel and Carrie's sartorial escapades.  Sigh.  I guess it is back to 2-D Vogue.  I know you will all sympathise with me.

buster

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2004, 08:10:22 AM »
Someone agrees with me! Yay!  :D

back when i was still deciding whether to get a masters or a law degree, i left it up to the gre and the lsat... i told myself i'd go whichever route i had the higher entrance exam score in.

and i f-ing hated the gre... there's no more logic section, you HAVE to take it on a computer, there's no going back and forth, and the whole self-adjusting aspect of it seemed unfair to me... not very standardized if you could be taking a completely different test than anyone else ... there's a verbal, math, and writing section. so basically, it's the SATs all over again, only a little harder.

LSATs were sooo much easier. they only tested logic and reading comprehension, not archaic vocabulary and cryptic word relations. god i hate that crap. only an english major would think the gre is easier than the lsat.  :P

you'd find the gre supereasy after the lsat, seriously. the logic games are 100 times simpler, and even MY math score was higher than my verbal score if you can believe that (the score, not the percentile-- because everyone aces the math section).

Kathcolo

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2004, 10:03:26 AM »
Yeah, I'm not a lover of the tests. The rooms are cold, they are long and I get cranky!! When y'all took the LSAT did they give you goody bags? We got a paper bag with water, a granola bar and a few pencils with a cute sharpener. It was sweet.

Anyway, to bring this post back full circle. Acid washed dress has been replaced today by stretch jeans and a red oversized sweater. And a SCRUNCHIE!!!!!! Oh My Goodness!!

mukhia

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2004, 10:07:43 AM »
You;re okay - as long as your scrunchie matches your sweater.