Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlist/Accepted/Still Waiting to hear from  (Read 1319 times)

kathalyst09

• LSAT 157; GPA 3.9
    • View Profile
Waitlist/Accepted/Still Waiting to hear from
« on: April 10, 2006, 10:25:54 PM »
I got into Cardozo's May Program.  I'm still waiting on other schools.  I'm planning on waiting until the last possible minute to send in the check to Cardozo.  In any case, here is my status with the other law schools.  What do you think my chances are of getting of the waitlist for American or getting into GWU, Hastings, BC, BU?

Accepted:
Cardozo - May Start
Suffolk
New York Law School

Waitlisted for:
American University
Pepperdine

Waiting on:
UC Hastings
University of San Diego
Boston College
Boston University
George Washington University

Rejected:
Georgetown
Michigan
Fordham

kathalyst09

• LSAT 157; GPA 3.9
    • View Profile
Re: Waitlist/Accepted/Still Waiting to hear from
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 10:51:09 PM »
Thanks for your input.  Do you know anything about deferring?  I am thinking about deferring my Cardozo entrance until next May and maybe this fall take the LSAT again to see how I do?  What happens if I defer and eventually decide to withdraw because I choose to attend a different school?

bvrlvr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 01:58:06 PM »
Im in the same boat as you. Accepted into May program but still waiting to hear from many schools. This is an incredibly hard decision. Have you visited Cardozo? I was just there last week, and it seemed a lot better than other schools I have visited. I have no qualms about attending Cardozo, its actually one of my top choice, except for the fact I dont graduate until June., so I will have to attend both schools simultaneously.

Maybe I will see you in a few weeks :)

Schn00ginz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 05:17:18 PM »
as a BC undergrad and daughter of 2 BC law alumns, I can tell you forget about BC Law. it has a miserable campus (you are stuck with freshman) and not worth the effort

kathalyst09

• LSAT 157; GPA 3.9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 07:52:40 AM »
Im in the same boat as you. Accepted into May program but still waiting to hear from many schools. This is an incredibly hard decision. Have you visited Cardozo? I was just there last week, and it seemed a lot better than other schools I have visited. I have no qualms about attending Cardozo, its actually one of my top choice, except for the fact I dont graduate until June., so I will have to attend both schools simultaneously.

Maybe I will see you in a few weeks :)

Did you make up your mind?  I figured that if I wait for American, I could be waiting until August and if I don't get in, then I'd have to wait until next May (I just applied for a deferral).  I am leaning towards going at this point...

bvrlvr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 02:10:17 PM »
I actually just put down my deposit a few days ago, so Im fairly certain I will be there come May 11

kathalyst09

• LSAT 157; GPA 3.9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 11:07:15 PM »
Hey awesome.  We should chat.  I'm making the arrangements right now to attend.  Did you find housing?

bvrlvr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 02:44:04 AM »
For now, Im going to live in the suburbs with some family. I hear that housing is still available on campus, if you are interested in that option though. Right now, I cant afford it, but I would love to live nearer to school.