21 (36.8%)
Women, cause men have unreal expectations about sex and body images
 20 (35.1%)
Neither
 4 (7%)
Both
 12 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Who has it worse dating?  (Read 2448 times)

RATM2007

• View Profile
Re: Who has it worse dating?
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 02:40:07 PM »
Overall... I would give the slight edge to men "having it worse".

Women usually are the ones who have to wait to be approached, so if you're an ugly chick, you could be SOL.  However, since dudes, especially when drunk will boink just about anything.. if you're a girl who's even halfway decent looking and wanna get railed, it's gonna happen for you.  Can't always say the same for guys, especially when some chick is playing the mother hen role- which is pretty frequently. 

I know that this thread refers to "dating", but I become more misogynistic daily so my response kinda shows where my head is at.  Dating is not on my mind at all these days.

Katie08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 04:54:52 PM »
Can't say I've ever been a man, so I don't know that I could offer an unbiased opinion...but I'm going to have to say that women have it worse
You must be the change you wish to see in the world

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 06:02:18 PM »
Can't say I've ever been a man, so I don't know that I could offer an unbiased opinion...but I'm going to have to say that women have it easier than men

i couldnt agree more!
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 06:05:16 PM »
Can't say I've ever been a man, so I don't know that I could offer an unbiased opinion...but I'm going to have to say that women have it easier than men

i couldnt agree more!

Except they have to date men  :P
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 06:06:14 PM »
Blue, do you date men?

not on porpoise

:o

Well I dunno blue, I've heard rumors  :o
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 06:12:46 PM »
Blue, do you date men?

not on porpoise

:o

Well I dunno blue, I've heard rumors  :o

wanna visit and dispel them  ;)

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 01:48:36 PM »
http://www.accessatlanta.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/dating/entries/2007/10/12/put_me_down.html

Letís call this ďScenes of a DivaĒ. The scene: My office. The characters: Yours truly busy at work (oh hush, I do work!), Clueless Single Guy - slightly older man who works in another department. Keep in mind, this is our first real conversation, which just makes this entire scene that much more creepy!

CSG walks in the office and looks at my desk.

CSG: Are those your kids in that picture?

WD: No, those are my sisterís kids.

CSG: You donít have children?

WD: No, I donít have any.

CSG: Why not?

WD: I donít have a husband, which I sort of want before I have kids.

CSG: You are single, with no kids?

WD: Yup

CSG: Why, donít you like men?

WD: speechless

CSG: How old are you anyway?

WD: still speechless

CSG: Maybe you just come across wrong to men.

:D :D :D

I was at one of those Play Dates events and this man who was supposedly flirting told me he didnít usually date 6ís, but in my case he would make an exception. No thanks buddy!

:D :D

Lil Orphan Annie

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 02:52:59 PM »
I think women have it worse. Men are more superficial when it comes to what they want IMO - e.g., the hottest girl they can snag.  So women are naturally much more neurotic because they can see exactly who their competition is. Also, a lot of men are playboys at heart, which can potentially create a lot of heartache for the women who just want a "nice guy to settle down with."

Men don't have worry about their weight so much, buy all these expensive makeup products, or wait 10 hours for their hair to dry.  :D

firewalker

• Sr. Citizen
  • New York University
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 02:53:33 PM »
Ugly women and smart men have it worse.
Pretty women and dumb men have it better.

In general. All other things being equal. In Western society. Nowadays.

In a longer run, REALLY smart men (or women, for that matter) will tend to have it better, but the tendency is for medium- to high-smart men to get it worse rather than better. It takes a LOT of smarts, and several other factors, to end up ahead of the game; whereas a medium amount of smarts (perhaps enough to rule you out of being "dumb" but no more) isn't really going to get your life on track all on its own.

In a longer run, too, REALLY dumb men probably have it a LOT worse, but it takes an AWFUL lot of stupidity to be down there where you actually ruin your chances just by being an idiot. Mostly, our society rewards idiocy pretty regularly.

About women, it's more cut-and-dried. Hot chicks get what they want. Fat ugly bluto chicks don't, and they're unhappy, and they eat cake. I've never met a hot chick who (a) wanted to be a lawyer, but then (b) turned out to be an idiot on the LSAT, so (c) really lost her will to live because of it. She just found something else impressive, fun, delightful, fulfilling to do with her life. Now, an UGLY chick who put all her eggs in the LSAT basket? Here comes the Ben and Jerry's ...

ahahahahaha

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2008, 04:30:46 PM »
who has it worse dating?

firewalker

/just sayin'