Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: the official "alabama class of 2009" thread (for those attending bama this fall)  (Read 566 times)

stc34

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Question for the lucky accepted ;)

Did any of you check your app status on mybama, and if so, did it ever change when a decision was mailed?  Mine still says "complete ready for review" since Jan 17 and it didn't change when it was put on "hold" in late Feb.  They said the decisions would be made by the end of April but I'm really anxious to know what's up, esp. since I e-mailed them last week and haven't received a response yet.  Thanks!

I received an email notifying me of my acceptance before mybama showed anything.  No scholarship offer in the email; but my scholarship was in the binder that came in the mail later.  What are your numbers? It's funny b/c I haven't heard from Tennessee, but I got a hefty scholarship from Bama.  Of course I'd rather go to Bama than UTK, but it's just weird.

midgetpiggyback

• View Profile
MyBama said "Decision made" when I checked it. I got an email the next day saying I was in. I checked it on a Sunday, so that may be why I saw it before I got the email.

On another note, Claude put me in touch with a current 3L and I asked him some questions about the school. He said he thought the program in general was very good, and suggested taking legal writing very seriously in the first year as there isn't much experience in it afterwards. This may be good or bad, depending on the person, but its a red flag for me as I really want to improve my writing. He also told me that the people he knew that worked in the clinics enjoyed it, and that everyone is REALLY laid back. Professors are hit-and-miss, but I'm sure that depends on the student and their expectations. And of course, the administration is incredible. That's all I have heard so far. If anyone else has heard anything let us know.

P.S. He was also able to land a job out west from dumping his resume everywhere.

stc34

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I think Bama kinda likes LSAT quite a bit more than GPA.  I think you have a really good chance of getting in.

john83

I think Bama kinda likes LSAT quite a bit more than GPA.  I think you have a really good chance of getting in.

think so? i've noticed, for example, their scholarship offers are weird. they don't seem to be very numbers driven.