Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which type of bag for school?-Make your case (I need convincing hehehe)  (Read 805 times)

Poetgrl21

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

Ok so I'm currently choosing between two bags, both by the same company.  However, one is a tote bag...it's slightly bigger in size (like 2 inches in width...abou the same in everything else).  Probably about the same as far as durability of material.  The second bag is a messenger bag, and like I said not as wide.  Cost is about the same.  I'm doing it on ebay, auctions are up soon, so I need help asap.  Please tell me what you think I should get....make your case.  Thanks. :)

Poetgrl21

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

bump

moonpie

• Sr. Citizen
  • No it's not mexico
    • View Profile
I really really like the Chrome bike messenger bags. Spacious, with great straps and really durable.

Typhoon Longwang

• Sr. Citizen
  • I have the power to stop an LSAT!
    • View Profile
Chrome is a great messenger bag.  I like (if it's big) the volume and flexibility a messenger bag can give you.  I got a Timbuk2 which isn't as comfortable as the Chrome (I wish it had padding where it contacts my back), but mine looks like something that can double as a trendy briefcase.  The amount of crap I can fit in it and the convenience while biking makes the messenger bag my recommendation.

Officer Rod Farva

• Sr. Citizen
  • FARVA #1
    • View Profile
    • Email
I have a Chrome Kremlin that I used as a messenger for a while. It was superbly comfortable on the bike, but completely uncomfortable off of it. They are great bags, but I definitely would not use one for LS. YMMV.

I'm up in the air about what kind of bag to use. I have a North Face Firewire backpack that has a padded section for a laptop, but it may not have enough room for books.
LSD saved my life.

ACK!

• Sr. Citizen
  • RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
I was thinking I might need two bags, given the number of massive books. Carry everything to the school in both, put books in locker, then carry laptop and books for next class around in one bag (maybe a smaller messenger bag).

Perhaps I need a hobby…
U Chi '09

LitDoc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Paper bag. Maybe plastic. No. Paper.
"There is no was." -- William Faulkner

University of Texas, Class of '09

OingoBoingo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Simply the best band from the 80's
    • View Profile
I have a Chrome Kremlin that I used as a messenger for a while. It was superbly comfortable on the bike, but completely uncomfortable off of it. They are great bags, but I definitely would not use one for LS. YMMV.

I'm up in the air about what kind of bag to use. I have a North Face Firewire backpack that has a padded section for a laptop, but it may not have enough room for books.

I have a 18 month old Targus bag that is in decent shape. I too wonder if it will hold enough books (and lunch and whatever other crap I have) plus my laptop. The thing, when completely full, is huge.

Funny thing is that when I visited my school a few months ago the guy I toured with had a hockey equipment bag with all his stuff. Needless to say I was in Minnesota......

Oingo  
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

Goodfella Aaron

I have a 18 month old Targus bag that is in decent shape. I too wonder if it will hold enough books (and lunch and whatever other crap I have) plus my laptop. The thing, when completely full, is huge.

Funny thing is that when I visited my school a few months ago the guy I toured with had a hockey equipment bag with all his stuff. Needless to say I was in Minnesota......

Oingo  

So a Targus bag is a backpack with a spot for your laptop? Is it the best version of that type of backpack? Who are the competitors? Thanks.

OingoBoingo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Simply the best band from the 80's
    • View Profile

Oingo  

So a Targus bag is a backpack with a spot for your laptop? Is it the best version of that type of backpack? Who are the competitors? Thanks.

Targus sellss several, including some machine specific ones. I can't remember the model bname of mine - I bought it at Circuit City. They all seem to be about the same size and offer decent padding.

Oingo.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."