12 (21.4%)
Yes, Fell In Love With a Stripper
 3 (5.4%)
No, Would like to go
 5 (8.9%)
No, Would never go
 15 (26.8%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Strip Clubs.  (Read 2009 times)

gillesthegreat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Strip Clubs.
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2006, 04:04:58 PM »
Don't women hit their sexual peak in their 30s? Often times they can't even orgasm until well into their 20s.

Isn't that a screaming invite to a reply akin to "Nah, that's just you; you must be doing it wrong"?
Penn (2007)

favor24

• The countdown begins...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2006, 04:05:25 PM »
My friend in college went to a male revue, she said all she did was laugh the whole time. She didn't find it sexy.

I ended up not going to one of my friend's bachlorette parties, though, because she was having it at a strip club and I think my boyfriend might have been weird about me going.

You didn't miss anything...A good friend of mine is having strippers at her bachelorette party and I told her I would send my money for the food by someone.  She thinks I am being selfish- but so what.  I will NOT sit through something like that agian, even for free.

Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve our condition.

favor24

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2006, 04:06:08 PM »
yeah, what is it with older women being more into the male strip club thing?  i wonder what's behind that...?

wait til you spen 15-20 yrs withthe same guy and life is so dull you like to watch paint dry.

you might be one of those wild older women too!

Not this chick  ;).

plaintext

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2006, 04:11:51 PM »
Don't women hit their sexual peak in their 30s? Often times they can't even orgasm until well into their 20s.

Isn't that a screaming invite to a reply akin to "Nah, that's just you; you must be doing it wrong"?

Who said I was basing that on personal experience?

it's competitive as a breadboy.. the lawnboy, fedex guy, and mailman  :)

favor24

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2006, 04:18:14 PM »
yeah, what is it with older women being more into the male strip club thing?  i wonder what's behind that...?

yeah, but I still don't see why that would translate into being wildly attracted to something that i currently find laughable/ridiculous/gross.

Did boys have cooties in 1st grade?

no, i was chasing boys in preschool  ;D

I'm sure, however, you got the point. :)

yes, and I was refuting it.   :)

gotta agree with goodgal on this one

ditto, as children we went from playful flirting to now sexual attraction.  In twenty years we aren't (hopefully) now going to jump to panting over a man in a thong swinging over our heads.  i have never thought a man in a thong was attractive...and i have no desire to begin thinking it is.  

Anyways, i am sure there are other ways (and places) for a woman to enjoy her sexual peak - whenever it may occur for her-  than at a strip club

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2006, 04:18:22 PM »
You didn't miss anything...A good friend of mine is having strippers at her bachelorette party and I told her I would send my money for the food by someone.  She thinks I am being selfish- but so what.  I will NOT sit through something like that agian, even for free.

I think the whole thing is kind of gross. And I don't think it is selfish at all to do that...I almost didn't go to the bachelorette party for a girl whose bridesmaid I was, because the places she wanted to go to sounded terrible (they were). We went to this bar and we had to leave because some guy spilled some beer on her friend and she was crying about it.

Sweet Tea

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2006, 04:20:30 PM »
I broke my collarbone last summer and watched a lot of TV.  Including an Oxygen network reality show about picking "Mr. Romance." http://www.oxygen.com/MrRomance/about.aspx

There were a few goodlooking guys, but they were almost all self-absorbed, meathead guys on there that made me want to hurl.  I mean, Fabio was helping pick the guys...

Male revues are a little like this.  An utter joke.  Women go there to ham it up with other women and it isn't about touching the men, it's about cutting loose with other girls.  There are approximately 7 women who have ever been turned on at a male revue.

I've been to two strip clubs (one sketchy and one a nicer one) and, although I had fun, they strike me as very sad places.  The women have issues (you should hear them talk in the bathroom), their appearances are fake and trashy, and for most of the women there, it's degrading.  (Yeah, I get that it can be empowering to women, but most of the strippers aren't new wave feminists but women who were sexually abused, poor and have unhealthy self esteem.)  Seeing the women at the strip club, ironically, made me feel a whole lot better about myself. No, I'm not 5'9" and blonde but I'm also not having to beg for single dollar bills (we'll see if I can say the same thing after $150k in debt!)

Yes, I understand the appeal for some guys, especially if you can't otherwise get women, but I just wouldn't date the kind of guy who they really appeal to. 
Attending The George Washington University School of Law, class of 2009 :)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=BenFolds5

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2006, 04:23:00 PM »
I always watch those stupid HBO things about strippers late at night and I realized real strippers never look like the strippers they show in movies.

Most of them are not all that attractive.

halfjewhalfgoy

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2006, 04:23:58 PM »
I had a friend who was a male stripper and he was always a little to anxious to show us his moves and what he had.  We all thought he was gay and it was funny nobody at the gym would undress in front of him.

gillesthegreat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2006, 04:24:42 PM »
Strip clubs can however be very interesting to study the bahvior of large primates.
Penn (2007)