Chances of getting off GULC PWL?

Chances of getting off GULC PWL?
« on: April 09, 2006, 08:58:28 PM »
Does anyone know?

4DClaw

• View Profile
Re: Chances of getting off GULC PWL?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 08:00:33 AM »
I think it depends on which PWL you're on. At least, that's according to the speculation:
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,58476.0.html

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 08:02:14 AM »
Most years if you stick with it through the summer and are willing to take a seat as late as registration day, you could conceivably have about a 50/50 chance.

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 08:05:51 AM »
You in DC, Winnie? I noticed the picture under your name. I saw Tai Shan last weekend. Adorable! Worth the loud crowd and long line.

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 12:44:01 PM »
Apparently I am on the "preferred" preferred waitlist.

I wonder how much that increases my chances...

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 12:56:40 PM »
I think we'll have a better idea once the first deposits are due in early May.

Apparently I am on the "preferred" preferred waitlist.

I wonder how much that increases my chances...

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 01:00:31 PM »
Show interest... send them a letter or updated stuff... that might help.  I don't go to Georgetown, but the Michigan admissions folks have said that they definitely want to know that you're still interested because it makes less work for them than having to call 15 people off a waitlist who won't accept... it's all about time maximization when in crunch time during late summer.

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 01:04:47 PM »
Hell, I'll deliver them coffee every morning if it increases my admissions chances.

Show interest... send them a letter or updated stuff... that might help.  I don't go to Georgetown, but the Michigan admissions folks have said that they definitely want to know that you're still interested because it makes less work for them than having to call 15 people off a waitlist who won't accept... it's all about time maximization when in crunch time during late summer.

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 01:25:30 PM »
I sent them an email... do they want anything else?  All they mentioned in the letter was to keep them abreast of dates and deadlines (whatever that means).

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 01:31:25 PM »
Just follow up as the summer goes on, send an email once a month or something and let them know you're still interested.  If possible, see if you can get a meeting with an admissions person to discuss the prospect of being on the waitlist and what you can do to improve your chances.  Keep in mind they probably won't take anyone off the waitlist till at least early May after first deposits are due.