Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What's your favorite store to shop at?  (Read 3579 times)

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite store to shop at?
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2004, 01:59:50 PM »
the cafe in the stanford bookstore makes a great mexican wrap... :'(

and here's a question for the ladies... have you ever seen a guy working at victoria's secret? we had an on-campus job fair awhile ago, and this victoria's secret lady was trying to get my friend and i to work there as salesmen... i asked her if women would feel uncomfortable buying lingerie from men, but she said we could use that to our advantage by telling them how good they would look in this bra or that bra... maybe she thought we were gay?  :-\

Yah, I used to work at the Stanford VS and we had male stock boys.  Eventually we started getting hot gay cashiers.  Women were hesitant at first, but then they loved it.  Hell, I loved it when a guy complemented me while showing me a lipstick trick at MAC in South Coast Plaza.  "What wonderful lips you have"  yadda yadda yadda.  He just wants a sale, but I don't mind  ;)
Loyola LA Here I Come!!

Ginatio

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2004, 02:06:00 PM »
As a straight guy, I must confess I wouldn't be able to give ANY hints at all to a woman about her bra/panties/etc. at my best, you might hear me say something like "yeah, i really do think that bra accentuates your ti...curves..."

the cafe in the stanford bookstore makes a great mexican wrap... :'(

and here's a question for the ladies... have you ever seen a guy working at victoria's secret? we had an on-campus job fair awhile ago, and this victoria's secret lady was trying to get my friend and i to work there as salesmen... i asked her if women would feel uncomfortable buying lingerie from men, but she said we could use that to our advantage by telling them how good they would look in this bra or that bra... maybe she thought we were gay?  :-\

Yah, I used to work at the Stanford VS and we had male stock boys.  Eventually we started getting hot gay cashiers.  Women were hesitant at first, but then they loved it.  Hell, I loved it when a guy complemented me while showing me a lipstick trick at MAC in South Coast Plaza.  "What wonderful lips you have"  yadda yadda yadda.  He just wants a sale, but I don't mind  ;)

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2004, 04:24:20 PM »
I don't really trust the advice of anyone when I go shopping. I know that they're trying to milk me. I know what I like and what'll look good on me. I don't need a salesperson to help me out; all that they are there for is to greet you, get you a different size/color, and ring you up- male and female.

lexylit

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2004, 04:25:18 PM »
ooo, also i like club monaco

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2004, 04:28:49 PM »
edit

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2004, 06:21:43 PM »
I don't really trust the advice of anyone when I go shopping. I know that they're trying to milk me. I know what I like and what'll look good on me. I don't need a salesperson to help me out; all that they are there for is to greet you, get you a different size/color, and ring you up- male and female.

I already bought the lipstick, he showed me a trick (maybe he wanted me 2 buy more?).  It was fun!

I am the same way, though.  I usually hate everything people try to give me.  Especially at express- they throw in 5 different tops after you are in the fitting room.  Hey, i woulda grabbed them in the first place if I liked them!  Some crazy female dog grabbed me and tried to throw me in a chair at Robinsons and put liquid eyebrow color on me.  I freaked out and told her to piss off.  No spock looks for me thanks.
Loyola LA Here I Come!!

lexylit

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2004, 06:26:31 PM »
plus the *&^% they give you at express always seems to be superhoochie

like, i took two conservative black suits in the dressing room with me, so i'm glad you took it upon yourself to find me a hot pink halter top that says "69" in glitterpaint on the front

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2004, 06:28:30 PM »
plus the *&^% they give you at express always seems to be superhoochie

like, i took two conservative black suits in the dressing room with me, so i'm glad you took it upon yourself to find me a hot pink halter top that says "69" in glitterpaint on the front

lol, exactly.  i was given a microscopic mini skirt.  I asked her if it was a tube top (which i also would never wear) and she gave me a strange look.   :D
Loyola LA Here I Come!!

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Sr. Citizen
  • Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Guyutegirl+JewLo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2004, 06:31:19 PM »
we got a bunch of Barnes and Nobles with Starbucks attached.

sorry daynee but that is one of my biggest pet peeves - when people say "barnes and nobles." just because the store is two people's names doesn't mean it is possessive. i also don't like it when people say "happy new years" as opposed to "happy new year."

This belongs on the Pet Peeves thread under the Hate Board, dude. This is not the time or the place, sacklover. (Don't u miss those assholes who used to do that *&^% all the time? i don't) I like shopping at vintage stores. But i can't resist going into Guess, BCBG et al. But i like to find stores that have one-of-a-kind *&^%. Oh and i love this place in Portland called The Red Door. They have all sorts of Topaz and Moonstone and *&^%. LOVE that. Would adorn my whole body in moonstone if i could.
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

buster

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2004, 06:33:27 PM »
I worked at a Goodwill store one summer. For one day I was in the "factory," and I immediately tried to quit and was forced into the store instead. It wasn't so bad, except for working with a bunch of old ladies. I did get to drive the truck and pick stuff up from the donation boxes, though. That was cool. I felt very manly.

I'm with ZAP.  Goodwill is the *&^%!  In fact, the suit I'm wearing in my photo is from there ;)

You are indeed the man if you shop there.  Much respect.  There are plenty more of us out there, I know.  But most of the time, when I get a compliment on a suit, and they ask where I got it, they just kind of look incredulous after I tell them.  I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that you can get good deals there on slightly used things.  I mean, the people who had them before probably wore them like 5-10 times, and they're generally as good as new. 

ZAP