Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What's your favorite store to shop at?  (Read 3551 times)

The Name's Dali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite store to shop at?
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2004, 01:31:47 PM »
I'm with ZAP.  Goodwill is the *&^%!  In fact, the suit I'm wearing in my photo is from there ;)

lexylit

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2004, 01:40:42 PM »
jhrc-- i miss newbury comics!  :-\

but my fave store might be anthropologie. i love college bookstores too-- the one at stanford makes me happy. also express, forever 21 for supercheap hoochie clothes, and all independent coffee places or bookstores.

i also have a victoria's secret problem  :-[ i even like the clothes in the catalogue.

Ginatio

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2004, 01:49:55 PM »
the cafe in the stanford bookstore makes a great mexican wrap... :'(

and here's a question for the ladies... have you ever seen a guy working at victoria's secret? we had an on-campus job fair awhile ago, and this victoria's secret lady was trying to get my friend and i to work there as salesmen... i asked her if women would feel uncomfortable buying lingerie from men, but she said we could use that to our advantage by telling them how good they would look in this bra or that bra... maybe she thought we were gay?  :-\

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2004, 01:52:10 PM »
the cafe in the stanford bookstore makes a great mexican wrap... :'(

and here's a question for the ladies... have you ever seen a guy working at victoria's secret? we had an on-campus job fair awhile ago, and this victoria's secret lady was trying to get my friend and i to work there as salesmen... i asked her if women would feel uncomfortable buying lingerie from men, but she said we could use that to our advantage by telling them how good they would look in this bra or that bra... maybe she thought we were gay?  :-\

i think she thought you were gay.  picnicing alone is the first sign of homosexuality. 
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

NYKnicks

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2004, 01:53:24 PM »
Hmm, I'm not a lady, but I'll answer this anyway.

I've seen a couple of gay guys in a Victoria's Secret when I went with my ex-gf once. They had plucked eyebrows, looked much better than the average man, and wore jeans I thought would only fit on a girl. How did I know they were gay? When I was leaving the mall later that day I saw them making out behind the dumpster.

I don't remember them saying anything to anyone about how good certain bras would look though, as far as i knew they were just regular cashiers.

lexylit

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2004, 01:53:46 PM »
OOH OOH PICK ME

i called the 800 number one time to order bras and a guy took my order, and his voice kept cracking... i swear he said "what size?" like an awkward adolescent w/ that squeaky changing puberty voice

it was TOO FUNNY  :D

Ginatio

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2004, 01:54:11 PM »
really? i always thought it was quite transcendental...

i think she thought you were gay.  picnicing alone is the first sign of homosexuality. 

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2004, 01:55:05 PM »
trancendental in hmong means 'gay'

really? i always thought it was quite transcendental...

'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

NYKnicks

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2004, 01:55:40 PM »
dsong you know the hmong language?

Ginatio

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2004, 01:57:55 PM »
he had to learn so he could communicate with his in-laws.

dsong you know the hmong language?