Law School Discussion

149 Diagnostic Exam--Will I ever get into law school?

Re: 149 Diagnostic Exam--Will I ever get into law school?
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 02:02:32 PM »
Sorry about the confusion...the 149 is from my diagnostic exam that I took with Kaplan. I have never taken an official LSAT so the two scores wouldnt be averaged. I guess my question is, consider my gpa is nothing spectacular (2.9) will waiting until december be extremely harmful for my application pool. I want to stay in the Boston area (Northeastern or Suffolk)

I work all day and am willing to dedicate myself fully to studying on my own and attending all of the Kaplan classes, but I dont want to rush and take it when Im not ready or wait too long to take it and hurt my chances of getting accepted.

desmo

• View Profile
Re: 149 Diagnostic Exam--Will I ever get into law school?
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2004, 07:35:36 PM »
Look here for an estimation of what schools will accept you based on gpa and LSAT:

http://officialguide.lsac.org/search/cgi-bin/lsatgpa.asp

This will give you an idea of possible schools in the Boston area.  Some may even take the higher LSAT, most probably average.  This may make the difference if you try and flop in October and come back strong in December.

More importantly, ask yourself why you want to go to law school.  If it's for the big money, it'll be a little while longer coming out of a T4.  Hopefully it's a better answer than you've got nothing better to do and you can't find a job using your undergrad degree.  I know that may sound mean, but think about it before you blow money on Kaplan or worse yet bail midway through 1L.