Law School Discussion

amusing....

amusing....
« on: April 08, 2006, 08:52:38 PM »
Today while sorting through my mail, I noticed a flyer from a random unaccredited school in Cali.  But before throwing it away, I noticed the schools name:

The Abraham Lincoln Law School

Does anyone else find it amusing that there is a law school named after someone who is famous for NOT GOING to law school?

yiplong

• View Profile
Re: amusing....
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 10:46:31 PM »
Did Goerge Washington go to law school? Did St. Johns go to law school?  Why don't you also think their name is ridiculous?

Who dat?

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 10:59:40 PM »
George Washington and St. John never went to law school.  They also never practiced law.

Lincoln never went to law school, but was a practicing attorney.

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »
John Marshall did not go to law school.  His formal education consisted of a single class at William and Mary's

yiplong

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 11:12:00 PM »
George Washington and St. John never went to law school.  They also never practiced law.

Lincoln never went to law school, but was a practicing attorney.

according to your LSN, Illinois waitlisted you??? With your numbers,  I would expect you to get in with $$$.

Who dat?

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 11:16:53 PM »
Heh. Yeah, I thought Illinois would be a pretty safe bet (don't even get me started on American!).  The Vanderbilt acceptance was a pleasant surprise though.  I wish I knew what these admission committees thought processes were...

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 11:18:06 PM »
interesting fact: benjamin cardozo never finished law school.

yiplong

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 11:22:45 PM »
Heh. Yeah, I thought Illinois would be a pretty safe bet (don't even get me started on American!).  The Vanderbilt acceptance was a pleasant surprise though.  I wish I knew what these admission committees thought processes were...

I got WLed by Vandy and Wisconsin and yet Illinois offered acceptance with 18k scholarship.  Our numbers are somewhat similar and yet we received opposite results.  That is odd.

Who dat?

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2006, 11:31:52 PM »
Yeah, It almost makes me think the admissions process is completely arbitrary.    >:( 

I guess sometimes a personal statement or recommendation just catches someones eye on the admissions committee and sometimes not.     I really wish schools included notes on their thought processes for acceptances/rejections. 

Congrats on Northwestern, btw, seems like you've done alright this cylce!