Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: share in a moment of sadness w/me...  (Read 1584 times)

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
share in a moment of sadness w/me...
« on: April 08, 2006, 07:48:16 PM »
t
2L

MustangAlum

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
Re: share in a moment of sadness w/me...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 09:24:42 PM »
I feel ya... applied to Ole Miss in September, they rejected me a couple days ago. 7 months...

Don't have an ex-g/f in Oxford... but their football team sucked last year, maybe that was my sign! haha.

You thinking about South Carolina if you get in (which I would think you would)? I'm headed there this fall...
SMU Undergraduate '05
Univ. of South Carolina Law '09

Harvey.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 09:27:04 PM »
I share your sentiments about getting out of state, and otherwise. Granted, my week got a little better with my first acceptance yesterday. But anyway, I feel you.

GF/2 years left two days ago. Admission cycle's been rough. School is blindingly tedious at this point.
But, hey. What can you do, really?  ;)
GULC '09

laurrk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 10:24:26 PM »
I highly recommend the getting out of state option.  I left Chicago (and a ten-year on-and-off thing) for Texas, sulked for a year, then got together with my now-husband.  Go west, young (wo)man!  Or east, as the case may be.  Loneliness can be empowering.

I think a move will be good for you. You can meet new people and be in a place where you don't have memories of time spent with your ex. And you have some great options, so it's Colorado's loss, not yours. :)

hopefully buy a little condo and get settled before school starts.

When are you planning on moving? I'm going to be leaving my job at the end of June so I have time to settle in and learn my way around Syracuse. And now that my BF is history, I am very glad that I chose Syracuse over somewhere in the CT/MA area where I've lived during our relationship. I think a new place will do wonders.

laurrk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 10:52:07 PM »
So Laurrk sounds like you and the bfriend are officially over. sucks.

Well, officially we are separated (which is strange, since we still live together, and we're still doing our weekly grocery store thing tomorrow). But I think it's the end. I'm just having a hard time accepting that. But I'll be moving in a few months, and he got a clerkship in CT, so that may be the end for good (even if we have to be civil to each other now since we share a lease). Oh well.

My current house just went on the market - I am hoping to sell it by early June.  That would give me about a month to screw around and a month to settle in.  I may even have an offer this week (according to my realtor), if that is the case I may quit my job early and screw around for SEVERAL months.

That's awesome, I hope the offer comes through for you! I say leave your job as soon as is feasible and take an extended vacation. I figure that it's totally justified to leave work earlier than later since you're going to be busting your butt in law school for three years. At least that's what I'm telling myself. It's the last (extended) summer vacation you may get for a long time, so enjoy it.

Have you visited Case? I went out there last month and took a tour and drove around, checked out the greater Cleveland area. I really like the Cleveland suburbs, but I'm not a city kind of gal so I decided not to go to Case. The campus definitely has an urban feel to it, at least that's how it seemed to me. Not super-urban like Cleveland-Marshall, but you're still in a city. Of course if you like cities then it's probably perfect for you - there is so much to do right around the campus. And it's a great school. I don't know much about the other schools you're thinking about.

moonchigger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 01:53:49 AM »
I applied to Texas on 12/2 and got my rejection today dated 4/7, I think this means they obviously looked at my app at least twice.  Because of the long time frame I was expecting the possibly a waitlist but no such luck.