Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has anyone heard from IU Indy yet?  (Read 1613 times)

baum

• View Profile
    • Email
Has anyone heard from IU Indy yet?
« on: January 20, 2004, 08:43:20 AM »
Has anyone recieved any letters from Indiana University at Indianapolis yet?

sweetjane

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Has anyone heard from IU Indy yet?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 08:44:08 PM »
I got an acceptance to the PT/night program a week or two ago.  I applied early mid-December.

tuphlos

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 10:12:46 PM »
Do you mind sharing your numbers?  I also applied to the pt/evening program, but my numbers were split.  LSAT near 75% and gpa under 25%.  I applied just before Thanksgiving and haven't heard a peep.

Thanks

Stubbs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 09:03:50 AM »
I got my acceptance last week.  It's the only place I applied, since I live here and have a career here.  I'm going part time, too.  I applied back in early December.  My numbers were 163 and 2.8.  I did take a lot of hard classes in college and explored five majors because I wasn't sure what I wanted, so I always took 5-6 classes at a time so I'd get out on time, and my GPA is 3.4 for just my major (crim. justice).  Also, I made the Dean's list for my last two quarters, and was close during the quarter before that.  I've also already gone to grad school while working to get my teaching credential, so at least that says I can handle working and some sort of school at the same time.  Honestly, I thought my GPA was too low and I didn't think I'd get in.  I was disappointed in my LSAT since I scored higher on all the practice exams.  I know some people would be happy with it, but I had to take the test right after I sold my house and moved across the country, so I was a little preoccupied at the time and I didn't do my best.  Anyway, I'm happy I got in.  If they took me with my scores, there's hope for a lot of people.