Law School Discussion

Washington University in St. Louis WL

verbal213

• Go crazy folks, go crazy!!
    • View Profile
Re: Washington University in St. Louis WL
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 12:00:53 PM »
Good luck guys - hopefully after April 15th rolls around you guys will get some good news  8)

Is that their seat deposit date?

verb

verbal213

• Go crazy folks, go crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 04:18:45 PM »

edit: for what it's worth, my bf's bro got into wash u law 4 years ago with a 3.8, 161

Off the WL or straight up?

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 10:52:49 PM »
i was talking to mary ann clifford about something the other day (i'm going to be attending washu and for some reason the assistant in the office transferred me to her when i asked a question), the assistant dean of admissions and she told me that they've had a HUGE response thus far--more than they expected. unfortunately the waitlist doesn't look good. the new dean & jump in rankings is doing wonders for the applicants theyre pulling in.

Thanks for getting our hopes up. A HUGE response huh?

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 08:40:39 AM »
I wonder what they mean by a 'huge' response.  Judging by LSN (which I know isn't necessarily representative of the whole) a lot of people are withdrawing.

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 04:32:57 PM »
I am still going to write a letter of continued interest, visit the law school...and hope like hell...........

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 02:00:51 PM »
I'm screwed...I am praying to god that i get off one of these waitlists. I was waitlisted at Emory, W&L, and Wash U in STL. As of right now, I'm going to UMiami.

GPA 3.55 (triple major woo-hoo!)
LSAT 158

What do you think are my chances?

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 05:45:08 PM »
One guy on LSN claims to have gotten off the waitlist when he visited the school. Also mentions receiving a scholarship.  If this is true, perhaps visiting the school is the best option.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Japper88

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 04:10:31 PM »
what is a URM??? (sorry, i'm a newbie to this site)

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2006, 06:29:09 PM »
i think that kid is full of it. why would they award him because he had the cash to go and visit? there are much better applicants too.

and urm is just a minority.

I agree, it's highly doubtful that a one-time visit has earned him the ticket to admissions.  But I guess there's nothing wrong with believing that the visit did the trick.

URM means underrepresented minority (racial and ethnic populations underrepresented in a particular field, realm, or school).  Hence, URM is not synonymous with minority.  For instance, Asians aren't considered URMs as far as law school admissions go. I'm fairly certain on this.

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 10:58:35 AM »
I was actually accepted on the spot off the wait list.
And I am not lying. And I did later on receive a scholarship.
And I am 100% sure the visit helped me.