Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What if I just forget it for now and reapply?  (Read 1818 times)

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
Re: What if I just forget it for now and reapply?
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2006, 03:28:45 AM »
I don't know why you asked the question.....sounds like you have made up your mind, and have justified your reason for the decision.  Don't ask a bunch of strangers - you already know the right answer for yourself.  (I sound like the good witch in Wizard of Oz now - thanks!)

Zoli

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2006, 03:44:14 AM »
I don't know why you asked the question.....sounds like you have made up your mind, and have justified your reason for the decision.  Don't ask a bunch of strangers - you already know the right answer for yourself.  (I sound like the good witch in Wizard of Oz now - thanks!)

Were you by chance in High School when the original Wizard of Oz movie came out?
"I say NO to drugs but they don't listen."

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2006, 09:18:04 AM »
lovebutton, this is a big decision and a complicated one at that.  I think you're going to have to take some time out.  I suggest you come visit me, we'll drink some wine (or your preference of an alcoholic drink), get naked, and figure it out from there.  This is a serious decision, and I think we need to get naked and get in the jacuzzi and see what happens.

Yeah, Yeah, okay.  That sounds...helpful...heh

I guess I have pretty much made up my mind.  It has still been pretty helpful for understanding my own reasons for all of this to hear what everybody has to say about the decision.  It's also interesting to me that folks here seem to think all of this is a less-than-great idea, while my advisors at Yale think the opposite.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2006, 08:47:30 PM »
I don't know why you asked the question.....sounds like you have made up your mind, and have justified your reason for the decision. Don't ask a bunch of strangers - you already know the right answer for yourself. (I sound like the good witch in Wizard of Oz now - thanks!)

Were you by chance in High School when the original Wizard of Oz movie came out?

1)Why do you ask?
2) Why does it matter?

aerynn

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2006, 10:22:55 PM »
Since the movie came out in 1939, I think he may be making a crack about your age and old fashioned advice.
Here's how it went for me for Fall 2006 admission:
168/3.67
In: Emory($$), UGA ($), W&M ($$), GW($)
Waitlisted:American(W), UVA (W)
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 09:26:41 AM »
Since the movie came out in 1939, I think he may be making a crack about your age and old fashioned advice.

Yeah, if that's the case, I would love for him to just admit it.  I love it when people post stuff like this and never come back to "defend" their trolling.

As for my advice being old fashioned: I am just a believer in setting my own course in life.  I don't think it's old fashioned, but more that I don't need to depend on anyone else to make up my mind and stuff.

redemption

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 09:43:49 AM »
Zoli's shtick is to be abrasive, HLC. He doesn't mean anything by it. And usually, he does it in a funny way so that it's obvious.

Zoli

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2006, 11:33:26 AM »
hey Hippie calm down, I'm just messing around.  I'm sorry, I won't make anymore cracks at your age.  But seriously, which concert was better live??  Woodstock 1969 or Woodstock 1994??  have a great day!
"I say NO to drugs but they don't listen."

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2006, 12:02:48 PM »
Your dad and I had a great time at Woodstock 1994. 

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2006, 02:26:52 PM »
Your dad and I had a great time at Woodstock 1994. 

Hot.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN