Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ND / USC or St. John's  (Read 765 times)

Soaper

• View Profile
    • Email
ND / USC or St. John's
« on: April 08, 2006, 04:40:29 AM »
I got a full ride from St John's, but I have USC and Notre Dame hanging over my head.  No money from USC or Notre Dame.  I want to either work in NY or Cali.  What do you think?

oldhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ND / USC or St. John's
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 04:59:44 AM »
USC, no doubt. It's the most prestigious and it's great for Cali.

gibros

• Irish Law '09
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 07:54:45 AM »
(obviously biased) ND will allow you to work in either NY or CALI. Just a thought.

HK

• Sr. Citizen
  • One country, Two Systems...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ZacharyJL
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 08:44:58 AM »
LA=USC
NY=ND

aquafinaisbetter

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 12:49:17 PM »
ND will let you work anywhere you want.

reynolda

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - fashunista4ward
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 12:55:07 PM »
I'm in this mess as well, except only between USC and ND

I'd like to work in DC eventually, but wouldn't mind being in LA for a bit before that.  I'd MUCH rather live in LA than in South Bend for the 3 years of law school and I have scholarships at both that are making the cost close to equal (though USC will be about 5 more a year, with total fin aid taken into consideration).

Does anyone know if USC ranks its classes?  And if so... does ranking determine on-campus interviewing and law review opportunities?

also, any opinions on this situation would be great-- and yes, I did get into GW with $$ and withdraw, I really want a small school with a theory focus and GW is neither of those things.
i like complicated :)

BTK

• Sr. Citizen
  • This is what democracy looks like!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 04:24:53 PM »
I'm in this mess as well, except only between USC and ND

I'd like to work in DC eventually, but wouldn't mind being in LA for a bit before that.  I'd MUCH rather live in LA than in South Bend for the 3 years of law school and I have scholarships at both that are making the cost close to equal (though USC will be about 5 more a year, with total fin aid taken into consideration).

Does anyone know if USC ranks its classes?  And if so... does ranking determine on-campus interviewing and law review opportunities?

also, any opinions on this situation would be great-- and yes, I did get into GW with $$ and withdraw, I really want a small school with a theory focus and GW is neither of those things.

This should help. http://www.bcgsearch.com/crc/book2005/uni_southern_california.html

aquafinaisbetter

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 05:33:57 PM »
yeah, i have sent in my confirmation to ND but have recently been accepted to SC.  I want to work in Los Angeles and ND won't preclude me from it especially with all the alumni connections.  THough SC may be ideally located for my future goals, I've decided that I want to experience ruralness for once in my life especially since i'll be working in a city for the rest of it.  that was my reasoning.