Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread  (Read 50717 times)

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread
« Reply #670 on: August 22, 2006, 12:54:26 AM »
i don't get people... what makes someone standing in an elevator say to themselves, "this looks like a good place to take a poop?!" 

maybe it was a dog?
I am officially a law school graduate : )

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 22, 2006, 01:10:41 AM »
hi y'all,

good thing comcast hooked up my internet today!  just got it working (kinda) a hour ago... hope it's not to late to jump in on tomorrow's fun.

i've been hanging out a lot in cc, so here are some suggestions:

Alma de Cuba (highly recommended by a friend, but could get pricey), 1623 Walnut 
http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/philadelphia/alma-de-cuba-philadelphia.htm

Continental Midtown (fun outdoor space and decor, moderate prices), 1801 Chesnut
http://ae.philly.com/entertainment/ui/philly/restaurant.html?id=68605&reviewId=16375

more coming...

Alma de Cuba sounds great.  And I've been craving some latin food lately.  Oh and I think I've been to Continental before - it's like a martini bar, right? they had GREAT martinis (if it's the place I'm thinking of)

There are two Continentals, but I like the midtown one because it's closer and has an awesome roof deck.  I'm obsessed with Stephen Starr restaurants, can you tell?  My goal is to go to all of them... so far I've been to the Continentals, Jones (looove it), Buddakhan (thanks, mom and dad), Pod and Tangerine.  Barclay, Striped Bass and Morimotos will have to wait until someone else is footing the bill.  :D

Oh, there are also lots of cute places south of walnut in the 20s:  20 Manning, Fri/Sat/Sun, and some super cute place on 21st and spruce whose name i forget.  Or, if people want more pub-y food, I liked Ten Stone on South St. around 20th. 

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 22, 2006, 11:03:19 AM »
I'm down for whatever, but I will say the Continental is great but very pricey. I went there with my aunt when I first moved in here (the midtown one) and had a great meal and great drinks, but we dropped about $100 between the two of us. I don't know what all of your budgets are, but expect to spend at least $30ish on the meal/drinks if we go to Continental.
Penn Law '09

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 22, 2006, 11:35:07 AM »
I'm down for whatever, but I will say the Continental is great but very pricey. I went there with my aunt when I first moved in here (the midtown one) and had a great meal and great drinks, but we dropped about $100 between the two of us. I don't know what all of your budgets are, but expect to spend at least $30ish on the meal/drinks if we go to Continental.

maybe if we look around the area a bit we can find a place that is cute but also not overly pricey?  There must be some sort of happy medium around Rittenhouse.

Yeah, I'm sure. There's a bar called Devil's Alley which is sort of in between. It's cute but not swanky and has a pretty good selection of alcohol (I think). Also, The Irish Pub has really good food, great beer/alcohol, and is affordable. I'm all in favor of going there, even if it would be my 3rd time this week.
Penn Law '09

Shellbell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 22, 2006, 05:46:33 PM »
Hey Guys!

I hope it's not to late to join you guys.  I just got here last week and would love to hang out with you before school starts and all.  If someone could PM me with what exactly is going on that would be great!

Thanks
University of Pennsylvania here I come!

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: August 22, 2006, 06:29:41 PM »
See you guys in an hour  :D
Penn Law '09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 22, 2006, 07:31:05 PM »
It was nice to meet everyone yesterday, although I'm kinda hungover now...  ;)

So if people still want to meet up on my sister's roof, let me know if you can come Thursday (tomorrow) around 7pm.  She's at 20th and Pine, on the corner with the children's bookstore.  PM if you're coming, and I'll send you my cell number if you don't already have it.

I'll have some beer (and hopefully wine, if I can find another liquor store), but it's probably a good idea to bring some more stuff to drink or eat... I didn't really think about food, but Cady said she'd cook for us! 

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 23, 2006, 12:47:45 PM »
It was nice to meet everyone yesterday, although I'm kinda hungover now...  ;)

I'm kinda hungover too!  :-X
Penn Law '09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 23, 2006, 01:04:54 PM »
oh yeah, forgot to mention... my sister has a real wine opener   ;D

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 23, 2006, 01:34:27 PM »
oh yeah, forgot to mention... my sister has a real wine opener   ;D

PRAISE THE LORD!!! No more cork for us!
Penn Law '09