Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread  (Read 49309 times)

merkina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread
« Reply #460 on: June 16, 2006, 01:14:53 PM »

[/quote]

Awesome!! We'll probably be taking the same bus to get to class in the morning, too! How do you like your apartment so far?
[/quote]

oh my god.  I LOVE my apartment.  the guy who owns it just did a 40k renovation on it.  it's really beautiful.  I've never lived in a brand new apartment.

[/quote]

I too am moving from NYC--did you use a company, or do it yourself?
[/quote]

I haven't actually moved yet but I'm planning on just renting a uhaul and making my boyfriend and his marine friend help out (plus my parents). 

ny06

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 17, 2006, 07:20:31 PM »
I'm trying to fill out the Face Book form, and it's not letting me type in the PDF format, yet it says it has to be emailed in to the Admissions Office.  What am I missing here? 

Anthony

• View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
« Reply #462 on: June 17, 2006, 08:31:43 PM »
Incidentally, the head xoxo moderator, Ciolli, is a Penn student, but I can't tell if he's a 2L or 3L--anyone know?  That'd be a weird guy to run into... but then again, I probably wouldn't, since I'm not joining the Federalist Society anytime soon...

Neither am I.

wunder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 18, 2006, 11:47:09 AM »
You just have to mail the form in with your pictures.  I think someone sent out a follow-up email at one point letting us know that you couldn't upload things.  Just mail the form and the pics to the admissions office.

I sent mine in two or three weeks ago and haven't heard anything back.

zenpeaceofmind

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #464 on: June 19, 2006, 12:11:18 PM »
Incidentally, the head xoxo moderator, Ciolli, is a Penn student, but I can't tell if he's a 2L or 3L--anyone know?  That'd be a weird guy to run into... but then again, I probably wouldn't, since I'm not joining the Federalist Society anytime soon...

Neither am I.

Interesting. Did you resign as Secretary, or just decide not to re-run?

Anyway, welcome to the dark side ... or are we the light side? I can never keep up with these bull rivalries!

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: June 19, 2006, 12:51:37 PM »

Neither am I.

Anyway, welcome to the dark side ... or are we the light side? I can never keep up with these bull rivalries!

I always think of LSD as the Penn to Xoxo's UVA... both are full of smart people, but we're smaller, more liberal and more "congenial."   ;)

Love the study, though, Anthony!  And I totally read xoxo... I just can't post there.  I get sucked into arguments way too easily, and would spend hours debating silly, irrelevant topics....

I can see myself wasting half a day googling articles to prove that dogs are more prestigious than cats, or something.
I am officially a law school graduate : )

wunder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 19, 2006, 12:59:49 PM »
Penn Card question:

I know we are supposed to mail in the paper application form and two passport-style photos to get our Penn Card.  Did anyone else notice that you can apply for your Penn Card through campusexpress.upenn.edu?  It says you can upload your photo.  Should we be applying through here or mailing things in like they told us to?

zenpeaceofmind

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #467 on: June 19, 2006, 01:06:13 PM »
Penn Card question:

I know we are supposed to mail in the paper application form and two passport-style photos to get our Penn Card.  Did anyone else notice that you can apply for your Penn Card through campusexpress.upenn.edu?  It says you can upload your photo.  Should we be applying through here or mailing things in like they told us to?

I noticed and wondered the same thing. I don't know where the disjunct is. I think I might try to upload, but I need to get a freaking picture first! I think the reason that they don't want you to do it that way is because they also want/need the pics for the Penn internal-use facebook, and probably they can't access them the same way and reproduce them for the Law School uses if you just upload to the PennCard system. It's also probably why some people have "No Photo Available" on the website.

spanishpolice

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh well, there'll always be the Steelers
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 19, 2006, 04:14:14 PM »
I always think of LSD as the Penn to Xoxo's UVA... both are full of smart people, but we're smaller, more liberal and "congenial."   ;)

I think i read somewhere that after the Civil War, they gave veterans heroin to ease them off morphine.  I think that's the most accurate way to describe how I went from xoxo to LSD.
Hutz: Mrs. Simpson, your case is just what I need to rebuild my shattered practice. Care to join me in a belt of Scotch?
Marge: It's nine o'clock in the morning.
Hutz: Yeah, but I haven't slept in days.

Goodfella

• Sr. Citizen
  • I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 19, 2006, 07:00:48 PM »

Neither am I.

I always think of LSD as the Penn to Xoxo's UVA... both are full of smart people, but we're smaller, more liberal and more "congenial."   ;)

Love the study, though, Anthony!  And I totally read xoxo... I just can't post there.  I get sucked into arguments way too easily, and would spend hours debating silly, irrelevant topics....

I can see myself wasting half a day googling articles to prove that dogs are more prestigious than cats, or something.

Awww, cmon Legapp, I like them both. Can't we both be LSD?
UVA '09