Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread  (Read 50151 times)

ny06

• View Profile
Re: The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread
« Reply #450 on: June 15, 2006, 10:20:42 AM »
Terrific...and btw my roommate and I (both Rachel's and both attending Penn Law in the fall) LOVE dogs, so anytime you want a dog sitter, find us! I'm very sad about leaving my beloved German Shepherd Toby (technically he's my parents but we've had him since I'm 13), so I'm hoping a few of our classmates have pets.

wunder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 15, 2006, 12:04:45 PM »
Going back to loans for a second, as I despise Macs and haven't bought my laptop yet, what would you guys say is the best way to confirm that you have done all you can to process the Perkins and Staffords loans?

Go here:  http://www.sfs.upenn.edu/e-services/index.htm
Click on Penn Loan System
Click on "My Loan Applications"
Select the loan you want info on and click "view more info"
This should tell you what the status of your loan is

I did Stafford loans and mine showed up on this system within twenty-four hours or so.  AES keeps sending me paperwork on my loans.  I just got two packets at my permanent address (although I don't know if those are in reaction to my loan application or in reaction to my Penn certification yet).

spanishpolice

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh well, there'll always be the Steelers
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 15, 2006, 12:26:19 PM »
This should tell you what the status of your loan is

I did Stafford loans and mine showed up on this system within twenty-four hours or so.  AES keeps sending me paperwork on my loans.  I just got two packets at my permanent address (although I don't know if those are in reaction to my loan application or in reaction to my Penn certification yet).

Ah ok, thank you.
Hutz: Mrs. Simpson, your case is just what I need to rebuild my shattered practice. Care to join me in a belt of Scotch?
Marge: It's nine o'clock in the morning.
Hutz: Yeah, but I haven't slept in days.

merkina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 15, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »
a little late, but raising my hand! I'll be in rittenhouse on 21st & chestnut.  my lease already began and i was in philly this past mon - tues (spent my first night in my apartment!)...
I'll probably be moving in slowly over the course of the summer... But mostly i'll be home in nyc

Towlie

« Reply #454 on: June 15, 2006, 05:20:37 PM »
a little late, but raising my hand! I'll be in rittenhouse on 21st & chestnut.  my lease already began and i was in philly this past mon - tues (spent my first night in my apartment!)...
I'll probably be moving in slowly over the course of the summer... But mostly i'll be home in nyc

Awesome!! We'll probably be taking the same bus to get to class in the morning, too! How do you like your apartment so far?

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 15, 2006, 05:26:59 PM »

I too am moving from NYC--did you use a company, or do it yourself?
I am officially a law school graduate : )

Towlie

« Reply #456 on: June 16, 2006, 04:17:15 AM »
I'm deleting my account! I spend way too much time on this website and want to enjoy the rest of my summer sans internet and the only way I know I can do this is to stop posting (and reading this site) all together.

I gave LegApp my email address and I look foward to meeting up with you guys before school starts! Like I've said before, I move into my apartment on August 1st so anytime after that if anyone would like to grab a drink or walk around University City I would definitly be down.

Have a great summer everyone!

spanishpolice

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh well, there'll always be the Steelers
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 16, 2006, 10:07:46 AM »
Smart man.
Hutz: Mrs. Simpson, your case is just what I need to rebuild my shattered practice. Care to join me in a belt of Scotch?
Marge: It's nine o'clock in the morning.
Hutz: Yeah, but I haven't slept in days.

dmschec

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 16, 2006, 11:08:04 AM »
does anyone have derek meeker's email address I seem to have misplaced it

thanks...

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 16, 2006, 11:08:37 AM »
I'm deleting my account! I spend way too much time on this website and want to enjoy the rest of my summer sans internet and the only way I know I can do this is to stop posting (and reading this site) all together.

I gave LegApp my email address and I look foward to meeting up with you guys before school starts! Like I've said before, I move into my apartment on August 1st so anytime after that if anyone would like to grab a drink or walk around University City I would definitly be down.

Have a great summer everyone!

We'll miss you!  I'll email you about a LSD hangout... even if you're abandoning us, I guess we'll still let you come.  ;)
I am officially a law school graduate : )