Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread  (Read 49287 times)

Shellbell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread
« Reply #440 on: June 14, 2006, 12:23:35 PM »
Everyone who's living in the Rittenhouse/Fitler Sq area: raise your hands!

<----------**throws hands in the air**

Me!!!! I am about 1/2 block to a block away from Rittenhouse square.

Shell, where are you living? I'll be on 20th and Walnut.

19th and Sansom...so pretty close to where you are.

Sweet!

Great! Now I know I have at least one awesome "neighbor"  ;)

Hey!  TWO!  ;)

Yeah, that's what I meant.   :D
University of Pennsylvania here I come!

vickymaz

« Reply #441 on: June 14, 2006, 01:35:35 PM »
I'm living at 2400 Chestnut...that's pretty close too. Can't wait to meet you all. :)

Shellbell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 14, 2006, 01:47:28 PM »
I'm living at 2400 Chestnut...that's pretty close too. Can't wait to meet you all. :)

Good Luck with the move.  I hope everything goes smoothly.
University of Pennsylvania here I come!

vickymaz

« Reply #443 on: June 14, 2006, 02:05:21 PM »
Thanks, Shell :) I hope so too!

Towlie

« Reply #444 on: June 14, 2006, 05:48:13 PM »
Okay, so I know Penn is somehow full of Mac lovers, but I just bought the IBM ThinkPad laptop off of Penn's bookstore. I realize I could have gotten a better deal elsewhere, but they had the option of putting it on my Penn account, which was a lot of help considering I didn't have enough money to front for a new computer! It seems like a really nice computer but I can't pick it up until August, which kind of sucks. Is anyone else buying their computer off of Penn's website?

wunder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 14, 2006, 05:58:46 PM »
I'm pondering it but haven't decided yet.  If it makes you feel any better about your purchase, I've been pricing some things and haven't found a better deal than Penn yet.  The deal-breaker seems to be that three-year warranty.  It's pretty expensive to duplicate.  But I'm trying! :)

I'm leaning toward the cheaper Thinkpad, but there is something interesting about the widescreens for me.  I thought they were a crock until the salesguy said, "You could have Lexis open on half the screen and your outline open on the other half, and see both easily."  (This salesguy should win an award for that comment, by the way - pretty slick on a law student)  I haven't been able to get that out of my head...  I thought they were just for DVD watching, which I'm going to try to avoid!

Towlie

« Reply #446 on: June 14, 2006, 06:17:49 PM »
I'm pondering it but haven't decided yet.  If it makes you feel any better about your purchase, I've been pricing some things and haven't found a better deal than Penn yet.  The deal-breaker seems to be that three-year warranty.  It's pretty expensive to duplicate.  But I'm trying! :)

I'm leaning toward the cheaper Thinkpad, but there is something interesting about the widescreens for me.  I thought they were a crock until the salesguy said, "You could have Lexis open on half the screen and your outline open on the other half, and see both easily."  (This salesguy should win an award for that comment, by the way - pretty slick on a law student)  I haven't been able to get that out of my head...  I thought they were just for DVD watching, which I'm going to try to avoid!

I'm glad to hear I actually got a good deal! I got the cheaper ThinkPad (the $1400 one), but it still seems amazing and loads better than the 4 year old Compaq I have now. I guess I won't be able to have a huge screen, but maybe that will be easier to carry? I think I'm getting a huge TV at home, thanks to a friend of the family, so I can use that for DVD watching.  ;)

spanishpolice

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh well, there'll always be the Steelers
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 15, 2006, 12:23:11 AM »
Going back to loans for a second, as I despise Macs and haven't bought my laptop yet, what would you guys say is the best way to confirm that you have done all you can to process the Perkins and Staffords loans?
Hutz: Mrs. Simpson, your case is just what I need to rebuild my shattered practice. Care to join me in a belt of Scotch?
Marge: It's nine o'clock in the morning.
Hutz: Yeah, but I haven't slept in days.

ny06

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 15, 2006, 08:51:40 AM »
As of yesterday, I am officially a member of the Left Bank community, and so happy about it!  Will any of you be my neighbors??  :)

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 15, 2006, 10:05:21 AM »
As of yesterday, I am officially a member of the Left Bank community, and so happy about it!  Will any of you be my neighbors??  :)

Well, if you've got a view of the city, you might be able to see me across the river  :)
I am officially a law school graduate : )