Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread  (Read 50640 times)

wunder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread
« Reply #380 on: June 08, 2006, 01:03:21 PM »
I just spoke with IT support regarding the incorrect Fall 2005 status.  Basically, they said proceed with setting up LawKey and email them later.  Has anyone else spoken with them about anything? They seemed in a real rush to get me off the phone, without providing any concrete information or assuring me that the info in my file was correct.

I haven't talked to them, but I did notice the incorrect status when I signed up.  I've got everything set up now and I can get into my email through Goat (Outlook version) but can't access anything else on Goat at all.  When I type in my username/password, it just denies me access. So I can access everything on Penn's undergrad servers but nothing from the law school.  :S  I will note that my email just started working the other day so maybe it's a sign that they're working on it...

nmb238

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 08, 2006, 02:08:31 PM »
got my pennkey stuff yesterday. going to start setting it all up this afternoon.

i also found a place- a bunch of guys i know (some med, some law, one phd student) have a big house on 42 and Walnut... or just off of it, i think. Its incredibly good rent so even though I wasnt excited to live with other people, it is hard to turn down.

anyone know anything about that area?

I live not far from there now--it should be a fine area, you're only two blocks from the edge of campus so its still pretty nice  :)  If you have specific questions let me know!

the area looks lovely from what i can tell from goolemaps satellite images. its also apparently very near a movie theater, and you can cut straight across campus from that end to the law school so thats convenient. how long do you think that walk would take?

NYU06
PennLaw09

RIP Admissions Cycle
11.22.05 - 5.22.06

merkina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 08, 2006, 06:40:40 PM »
ok, so i set up my pennkey & lawkey thing.  I am able to get into my email through Goat.  But when I send myself an email from my regular email I am not receiving it.  Our penn emails are username@law.upenn.edu , right?  what am i doing wrong?  or does it just take a really long time for the email to arrive in my penn box?

Towlie

« Reply #383 on: June 08, 2006, 06:42:02 PM »
ok, so i set up my pennkey & lawkey thing.  I am able to get into my email through Goat.  But when I send myself an email from my regular email I am not receiving it.  Our penn emails are username@law.upenn.edu , right?  what am i doing wrong?  or does it just take a really long time for the email to arrive in my penn box?

When you go to open your email, open it through the Outlook option. That's the only way it works so far, I think.

merkina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 08, 2006, 06:43:09 PM »
yay!!! it works!  thank you!

Spaceman Spiff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 08, 2006, 07:11:42 PM »
I've got everything set up now and I can get into my email through Goat (Outlook version) but can't access anything else on Goat at all.  When I type in my username/password, it just denies me access. So I can access everything on Penn's undergrad servers but nothing from the law school.  :S  I will note that my email just started working the other day so maybe it's a sign that they're working on it...

i can now access things on the left panel of the goat site (notices, directory, etc.) that i couldn't when i tried a day or two ago.  it looks like they're starting to get things up and running for us...

chinita

• oh tobias, you blowhard!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #386 on: June 08, 2006, 11:46:35 PM »
hey, just wondering if anyone else is planning on bringing a car.  i've heard that it's not too difficult to find parking (at least compared to some other cities).  my apt is not really within walking distance of school so i was planning on driving; does anyone know if traffic is bad or even if having a car is just a general inconvenience?

cheers
upenn '09

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 09, 2006, 12:11:36 AM »
hey, just wondering if anyone else is planning on bringing a car.  i've heard that it's not too difficult to find parking (at least compared to some other cities).  my apt is not really within walking distance of school so i was planning on driving; does anyone know if traffic is bad or even if having a car is just a general inconvenience?

cheers

I'm told it's tough in Center City, but easy enough if you're more in the suburbs.  My sister and her fiancee live in CC, but they keep their car parked elsewhere (thus, it's not convenient for short trips).

Where are you living?  There's also decent public transportation and the Penn shuttle.
I am officially a law school graduate : )

merkina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 09, 2006, 10:10:22 AM »

Who do I send my MPN to?  UPenn?  If so, to the admissions/fin aid office?

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 09, 2006, 10:57:50 AM »
hey guys

just a little FYI for anyone who's still waiting on buying a laptop.  it's still unofficial, but it looks like they'll probably be letting us know soon that we can go ahead and buy macbooks if we want them.  so if you wanted a macbook but thought you couldn't have one - hold out!

I'm totally getting a Macbook, but I think I'll wait for Leopard.  Which means I'll probably have one of these pieces of crap my first year:

http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnlineSales/topics/global.aspx/arb/online/en/InventorySearch?c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh
I am officially a law school graduate : )