Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread  (Read 50860 times)

spanishpolice

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh well, there'll always be the Steelers
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread
« Reply #330 on: June 02, 2006, 08:01:31 PM »
Hello to the all the new posters going to Penn!

Did the whole key thing.  Having similar problems, but I think enough people have notified ITS, so I'll sit tight.

For the record, they have to be kidding with the password security measures.  What a pain in the butt.  Security's so tight I feel like we're about to entrusted with government secrets or something.
Hutz: Mrs. Simpson, your case is just what I need to rebuild my shattered practice. Care to join me in a belt of Scotch?
Marge: It's nine o'clock in the morning.
Hutz: Yeah, but I haven't slept in days.

vickymaz

« Reply #331 on: June 02, 2006, 10:43:13 PM »
I did get one reply from ITS so far, a day after I sent them an email. It just said that there might be some delay and asked me if it was working yet. I wrote back that it wasn't and haven't heard since.

So, yeah, seems like they're on summer hours, or maybe busy fixing things. I can't get into Webmail at all, but maybe I'm not part of the 'pilot group'...

Towlie

« Reply #332 on: June 03, 2006, 12:09:51 AM »
I did get one reply from ITS so far, a day after I sent them an email. It just said that there might be some delay and asked me if it was working yet. I wrote back that it wasn't and haven't heard since.

So, yeah, seems like they're on summer hours, or maybe busy fixing things. I can't get into Webmail at all, but maybe I'm not part of the 'pilot group'...

Well at least they are working on it and know. I can't switch my facebook page from Arizona to UPenn until they get it fixed though :'(

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 03, 2006, 12:14:17 AM »

fwiw, at my uni we don't have summer hours, but a good chunk of the staff goes on vacation at this time... i'd say my dept. will be at 50% capacity in june... so be patient  ;)
I am officially a law school graduate : )

spanishpolice

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh well, there'll always be the Steelers
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 03, 2006, 05:18:21 PM »
Just got my financial aid stuff and MPN.

EDIT: Perkins MPN, not Stafford
Hutz: Mrs. Simpson, your case is just what I need to rebuild my shattered practice. Care to join me in a belt of Scotch?
Marge: It's nine o'clock in the morning.
Hutz: Yeah, but I haven't slept in days.

wunder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 03, 2006, 06:16:27 PM »
Just got my financial aid stuff and MPN.

It's about time!  I hope mine comes Monday, then... It'll be one less thing to worry about.

merkina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 03, 2006, 07:05:51 PM »
Does anyone have Tony Henry's (dir of fin aid) email address?  I seem to have misplaced his card.  Thanks!

wunder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 03, 2006, 07:56:31 PM »
Does anyone have Tony Henry's (dir of fin aid) email address?  I seem to have misplaced his card.  Thanks!

It's on the admitted student website under "Contact Us."  I'll PM it to you.

merkina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 03, 2006, 08:57:12 PM »
got it. thanks!

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 03, 2006, 09:24:18 PM »
Question: how come landlords in Philly don't have to provide heat to tenants, but can instead make them pay it in their utility bills?

In NYC, it's required...  ???

How much does heat cost for a studio? And if it's an old building where you can't control it yourself--how screwed will I get?
I am officially a law school graduate : )