Law School Discussion

The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread

Re: The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2006, 09:50:53 AM »
I'm stillllllll waiting to hear from Upenn  ;)

Towlie

« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2006, 11:29:30 AM »
I'm stillllllll waiting to hear from Upenn  ;)

Good luck! Hopefully we'll see you in the fall!

Also, I withdrew from Berkeley's waitlist this morning. I knew I would go to Penn even if I got in (given the awesome apartment I found and how much I've loved my interaction with the school since I've been admitted), but it was hard to do because, at the beginning of the cycle, it was my dream school! That said, I am extremeley relieved and excited that the process is officially over and I can't wait for August (when I move into my apartment!)

« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2006, 11:40:15 AM »
Gah, I just checked and found out Philly doesn't have FreshDirect... for some reason I thought it would be everywhere by now  :'(

Towlie

« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2006, 11:42:08 AM »
We should go out for drinks when you all get here  :)  I'll be wasting away at my office job and dodging mice in my crappy West Philly apt all summer

I'm down for drinks! I move in on August 1st!

« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2006, 11:44:59 AM »
Gah, I just checked and found out Philly doesn't have FreshDirect... for some reason I thought it would be everywhere by now  :'(

what about Peapod?

Huh, never heard of that one (NYC is ruled by FreshDirect), but looks like no Philly service there either: http://www.peapod.com/consumerIndex.jhtml;jsessionid=4GZ522T5GMAYKCQBD0WCF3Q

Although I guess the first year my sister will be there with a car, so I can do real grocery shopping...

Hey, you know what else is starting in Philly: DailyCandy!  Just in time  :)

« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2006, 12:00:49 PM »
yes, I just saw the daily candy thing too!
I was also upset about Fresh Direct, I was counting on it.... But I think I'm only like 2 blocks away from Trader Joe's.  I definitely like to cook and am hoping I'll have some time to do that...

spanishpolice

• Oh well, there'll always be the Steelers
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2006, 05:38:49 PM »
We should go out for drinks when you all get here  :)  I'll be wasting away at my office job and dodging mice in my crappy West Philly apt all summer

I'm trying for Sansom, so I don't know when I'll be moving in yet, but when I do, I'd definitely be down for toasting (and re-toasting many, many times) the beginning of our legal studies.

odaiko

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2006, 11:17:35 PM »
I guess I can officially post on this thread! I'm faxing my confirmation to Penn tomorrow morning, following an insanely long deliberation... (They gave me an extension.)

Looking forward to meeting all of you in August! Many of my Midwestern friends/colleagues are trying to scare me away from "people from the East Coast"... but y'all don't seem so bad. ;)

Anybody have the inside scoop on any good 1 BRs in the Center City/Rittenhouse area that still have August availabilities?

Towlie

« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2006, 11:20:49 PM »
I guess I can officially post on this thread! I'm faxing my confirmation to Penn tomorrow morning, following an insanely long deliberation... (They gave me an extension.)

Looking forward to meeting all of you in August! Many of my Midwestern friends/colleagues are trying to scare me away from "people from the East Coast"... but y'all don't seem so bad. ;)

Anybody have the inside scoop on any good 1 BRs in the Center City/Rittenhouse area that still have August availabilities?

Come June 1st, check out The Chatham (they only get a 60 day notice from their residents) and I'm sure they will have some openings. Also, look at The Drake, which is a huge building at around 15th street that I hear is very nice. Good luck!!

spanishpolice

• Oh well, there'll always be the Steelers
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2006, 11:26:58 PM »

Congratulations on your decision odaiko.  It seems like the decision of a law school was not an easy choice for you either.  I'm sure you must be very relieved to have it behind you.  Unfortunately, I am woefully uninformed about matters of off-campus housing, but I look forward to seeing you in the fall.