Law School Discussion

The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread

Towlie

Re: The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2006, 04:46:00 PM »
fyi everyone, just checked w/ 2400. no singles available for next aug.

Guess you guys will just have to join me at The Chatham  ;)   The lease just came in the mail today! Look out, Philadelphia, here I come!

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2006, 05:03:08 PM »
Just wanted to say "Hi" - I'm joining you guys, but deferring a year for a fulbright/work.  So, uh, i'll go through OneHell when you guys are getting to the good parts. Whatever, see you guys in Philly!

Pythagoras

• ĦEn Mexique!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2006, 07:09:40 PM »
Congrats daylight!

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2006, 09:07:48 PM »
Just wanted to say "Hi" - I'm joining you guys, but deferring a year for a fulbright/work.  So, uh, i'll go through OneHell when you guys are getting to the good parts. Whatever, see you guys in Philly!

I"m deferring for a year too, and am close to being your numbers twin. See you next year!

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2006, 01:06:07 AM »

I"m deferring for a year too, and am close to being your numbers twin. See you next year!

So I'm supposing you took the Levy over GULC? If so, good man (err...sonyman).

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2006, 09:18:23 AM »
After a hellish day in Philly with my mom I found an apartment.... They are going FAST!  nothing left at all exc. 2 bdrms in 2400.  I'll be on 21st & Chestnut.

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2006, 09:20:21 AM »
I actually thought University city was really pretty yesterday -- it was a beautiful day and tons of people were out.  I'm sure it'll be really nice.

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2006, 09:36:08 AM »
After a hellish day in Philly with my mom I found an apartment.... They are going FAST!  nothing left at all exc. 2 bdrms in 2400.  I'll be on 21st & Chestnut.

How did you find your apartment?  A broker?  I'm headed down to Philly in two weeks to check things out (but I'm looking for a brownstone, so the market seems a bit different than the high rises.)

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2006, 10:54:13 AM »
Yeah, apts are going really really fast -- my group is getting our leases finalized at Left Bank today!  So stressful!

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2006, 11:47:31 AM »
best thing i found (though it's not how i found my apt) is through the philly apt company
http://www.phillyapartmentco.com/

but it may not be good for anything but highrises.  it's free though.  call them and find out.  you can also walk around the rittenhouse area and call the signs that are hanging on buildings that say "1 bedroom available" or something like that.