Law School Discussion

The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread

Towlie

Re: The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2006, 03:03:51 PM »
Hey everyone!

I got a place!!! The Chatham located on 20th and Walnut(I believe), right on Rittenhouse Square. It's a high-rise, I got a corner studio (which is larger than their regular studios) on the 10th floor that's about 600 sq/ft for $975/month (including utilities).

I'm really excited and my stress level has plummeted!

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2006, 03:17:38 PM »
Hey everyone!

I got a place!!! The Chatham located on 20th and Walnut(I believe), right on Rittenhouse Square. It's a high-rise, I got a corner studio (which is larger than their regular studios) on the 10th floor that's about 600 sq/ft for $975/month (including utilities).

Congratulations!  When are you planning on moving?

Towlie

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2006, 04:14:06 PM »
Hey everyone!

Congratulations!  When are you planning on moving?

August 1st if my first day and I plan do be there for it. I'm probably going to wait until late July to move back to Philly (so I can work and what not) and then when I get back into town, I want to move into my place right away and relax for a month in Rittenhouse. Definitly hit me up (any of you!) who will be in town around then. Not so sure I'll have the internet that first month, though.

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2006, 06:40:15 AM »
Left Bank rents are high for a 1 bedroom (like 1400) -- but, 2 bedrooms are between 1950-2200 -- so you're looking at about $1000 a month and utilities.  Its a lot, and I know I could get something cheaper, but the building is nice, convenient, etc. 

Towlie, I'll for sure let you know when I'm coming to Philly -- I'm scared to be there for a few weeks with nothing to do and no one that i know!!

Towlie

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2006, 12:59:49 PM »
Left Bank rents are high for a 1 bedroom (like 1400) -- but, 2 bedrooms are between 1950-2200 -- so you're looking at about $1000 a month and utilities.  Its a lot, and I know I could get something cheaper, but the building is nice, convenient, etc. 

Towlie, I'll for sure let you know when I'm coming to Philly -- I'm scared to be there for a few weeks with nothing to do and no one that i know!!

We'll get together for sure then! I want to figure out public transportation and walking distance to Penn, plus find some good bars, good food, and just have a lot of fun before school starts. The calm before the storm!

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2006, 01:30:41 PM »
Good bars -- very very important.

And, I noticed during admit weekend that there are great places by the law school with happy hour.  A must-have!

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2006, 03:08:43 PM »
I'm beginning to get really excited about law school in general.  It proably has something to do with all the cool people that are going to Penn.

Can't wait to meet you all!  ;D

lplaw

• Harvard Law 2009 =)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2006, 05:31:53 PM »
Hi Everyone!  I sent in my deposit and will be joining you all at Penn=)  I am trying to figure out where I want to live and thought I'd ask if you had any info or advice about it.

- 2 Bedroom at The Left Bank (closest to school and there are restaurants downstairs)
- Studio at 2400 Chestnut (80% of residents are Penn grad students and I'd be able to bring my car)
- 2 Bedroom at Rittenhouse Claridge (15 min. bus ride from the school, but near lots of shops, restaurants, and bars)

Also, for the 1st and 3rd options I'm looking for a roommate - so if you're interested let me know and I can give you more info about the rooms and myself=)

Lily Jaye

• A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2006, 06:37:09 PM »
Hi Everyone!  I sent in my deposit and will be joining you all at Penn=)  I am trying to figure out where I want to live and thought I'd ask if you had any info or advice about it.

- 2 Bedroom at The Left Bank (closest to school and there are restaurants downstairs)
- Studio at 2400 Chestnut (80% of residents are Penn grad students and I'd be able to bring my car)
- 2 Bedroom at Rittenhouse Claridge (15 min. bus ride from the school, but near lots of shops, restaurants, and bars)

Also, for the 1st and 3rd options I'm looking for a roommate - so if you're interested let me know and I can give you more info about the rooms and myself=)

I'd be a little careful about the Claridge; the people I know who lived there had awful experiences with the management.  :-\

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2006, 08:44:01 PM »

I'd be a little careful about the Claridge; the people I know who lived there had awful experiences with the management.  :-\

Lily, congrats on becoming "LSD obsessed!"  ;)

As I've mentioned elsewhere, it seems like living alone your first year is a good idea to avoid any sticky roommate issues... so I'd go with 2400 Chestnut, since you can live by yourself.