Law School Discussion

The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread

wunder

• View Profile
Re: The Official "I'm Going to Penn!" Thread
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 07:10:03 PM »
Sent in my scholarship acceptance form yesterday so I think it's time I post.  Hi, everybody! :)

Towlie

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 07:48:20 PM »
Sent in my scholarship acceptance form yesterday so I think it's time I post.  Hi, everybody! :)

Hi!  :)

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 10:03:36 AM »
I'm mailing my deposit on Monday!! It's so good to finally be done with this!  Now I can be excited about going to law school! 

Have ya'll started looking at apartments?  I'm putting applications in on a couple of apartments this week with some girls that I met at admit weekend.  I'm sucking it up and going for the popular (albiet expensive) buildings like 2400 and Left Bank.  I live in New York right now, so paying $800-$1000 a month on rent is nothing, especially for the space I'll be getting.  We might be needing roommates in the future (we're not sure who all decided on Penn), so if anyone is interested let me know!

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 11:34:08 AM »
Yay to more Penn people!

I'm planning on living a lifelong dream for the first time, and living alone... no one bugging me to put dishes away... or clean the apartment... or complaining about my boyfriend being over... or buying ice cream and telling me I can have some but then getting passively-aggressively mad when I actually do... yeah, this is gonna be awesome!

But save me some space for hanging out on your couches in case I get lonely.  ;)

wunder

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 03:08:02 PM »
My husband and I are looking at moving into an apartment somewhere northwest of Philadelphia along the Main Line (for reasons related to where he will most likely be working).  Unfortunately, living the 'burbs means we can't start looking for an apartment until July/August because no one rents anything out this far ahead out there.  So, I may be living on one of YOUR couches if we are homeless when school starts!  ;D 

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 07:46:55 AM »
Living alone is awesome!  I did it for two years in college and had a blast -- then I moved in with my boyfriend.  If he were moving to Philly with me I'd end up living with him, but since he's not I figured it would be good to have people around. I figure its going to be an adjustment not living with him/being in a new city, and, as much as I love living alone - I think I'd find myself in one of those funks that I get myself into sooner than later.

lplaw

• Harvard Law 2009 =)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 08:48:33 PM »
I am still unsure whether I will be attending UPenn or Georgetown.  I have until the end of the week to decide.  I went to visit both schools again this past weekend and while I was in Philly I visited different apartments.  The two buildings I picked out were also 2400 and Left Bank.  So most likely I will be looking for a roommate soon as well.  I'll let you know after I make my school decision, but if you receive anymore apartment info, please pass it along. Thanks=)

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 07:41:10 AM »
My roommate and I are sending our Left Bank application this week -- they will know what's available for August on May 1st - so we're getting on the "priority waitlist" to guarantee an apartment.  I know that I have a few other friends that are going to be looking for a roommate at Left Bank, so once I know for sure I can put them in touch with you. We were looking at 2400 Chestnut as well -- but decided Left Bank because its closer to campus and nicer - and for only a couple hundred dollars more that's worth it to me. (I will be living by the "drop in the bucket" philosophy in law school -- I'm taking out so many loans, its all just a drop in the bucket...)

I was deciding between Penn and Gtown -- decided on Penn because I liked the idea of being in Philly for three years, the smaller class size, and the interdisciplinary approach.  Good luck with your decision!

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 02:19:33 PM »
Ah!!!!!!!! Hey you! So, this is what you do all day too!!

Now, because you're on the, "I'm going to Penn thread"...can I assume you ARE??? If I can't -- then I should.

tsol

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 07:55:35 PM »
i'll be at penn in the fall!

i sent in my scholarship acceptance and withdrew from everywhere last wednesday, and i'm pretty excited. my only worry now is housing stuff. i was thinking i'd just live in the dorms, since they're convenient and don't require me figuring anything out from down in DC, where I am now.

But, i didn't get to go to the dorms during the preview day. If any of you can share anything about them (like, are they actually disgusting, or more or less liveable?), or have any suggestions about where to live, or need a roommate (kidding, sort of?), I'd appreciate it!