Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: A Discourse on Why Canada Sucketh  (Read 4434 times)

Hedley Lamarr

• Sr. Citizen
  • What in the wide, wide world of sports is agoin on
    • View Profile
Re: A Discourse on Why Canada Sucketh
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 01:01:50 PM »
I love to go seal clubbing, it is so much fun and they dance so well!
Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total female dog

What are ya a bunch of Kansas City faggots

dividebyzero

• Sr. Citizen
  • Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • MSN Messenger - daedelus_rex@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 01:06:13 PM »
Seals = Nature's Republicans  :D :D :D
"Remove the chain, cause' that's off it!"

Acceptances: Georgetown ("off da' chain!")
That is all...

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 01:06:33 PM »
ya'll are so mean. MEAN!!  :o
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

ouchitburns

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 01:38:38 PM »
seals hate canada too

jebus. unless you practice Jainism could you please refrain from making these snide comments.

I realise the following is not well formulated and that, just because there are other bad things happening the horror of the cull is not imvalidated but here goes:

Why have so many people latched onto this seal cull thing. Why not say "cows hate canada too." More of them are killed each year to feed canada's meat desires.

I am vegetarian and I still think the seal cull may be appropriate.  If saving the fishery is a valid concern (which it may not be: www.fisherycrisis.com/DFO/transitions.htm) then the seal cull has to happen. Moreover, the native people survive off of the pelts, meat and oil from the cull. This article says it pretty well:

http://www.harpseals.org/hunt/press/defending.html

Of all the terrible things we do as humans, this is not high on the list.  People get suckered in because it is active and not passive. One sees the red blood on white and everyone is picturing the little, white, adorable baby seal (which the hunters are not allowed to kill). But, one does just as much harm leaving one's lights on when going out in the morning to drive to work.

The seal cull serves a (potential) purpose. This is not to say that the seal cull is not bad. I just don't understand why people latch onto it. Killing with a purpose is a fact of life.

Of course, we get into the whole thing about relative worth. Are fish worth more than seals? is the potential decimation of a species worth more than seals?

probably we should just get rid of us.

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 01:50:38 PM »
 ::)
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

Hedley Lamarr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 01:59:51 PM »
seals hate canada too

jebus. unless you practice Jainism could you please refrain from making these snide comments.

I realise the following is not well formulated and that, just because there are other bad things happening the horror of the cull is not imvalidated but here goes:

Why have so many people latched onto this seal cull thing. Why not say "cows hate canada too." More of them are killed each year to feed canada's meat desires.

I am vegetarian and I still think the seal cull may be appropriate.  If saving the fishery is a valid concern (which it may not be: www.fisherycrisis.com/DFO/transitions.htm) then the seal cull has to happen. Moreover, the native people survive off of the pelts, meat and oil from the cull. This article says it pretty well:

Of all the terrible things we do as humans, this is not high on the list.  People get suckered in because it is active and not passive. One sees the red blood on white and everyone is picturing the little, white, adorable baby seal (which the hunters are not allowed to kill). But, one does just as much harm leaving one's lights on when going out in the morning to drive to work.

The seal cull serves a (potential) purpose. This is not to say that the seal cull is not bad. I just don't understand why people latch onto it. Killing with a purpose is a fact of life.

Of course, we get into the whole thing about relative worth. Are fish worth more than seals? is the potential decimation of a species worth more than seals?

WOW, do you take life serious all the time?

ouchitburns

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 02:30:28 PM »
no!

i thought this board was for arguing!

argue, argue, argue.

Hedley Lamarr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 03:30:46 PM »
no!

argue, argue, argue.

I only argue for money

cyberrev

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 03:32:32 PM »
seals hate canada too

WOW, do you take life serious all the time?

we should club him just in case he's a seal in disguise

ouchitburns

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 03:33:20 PM »
no!

argue, argue, argue.

I only argue for money

no you don't.