Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Lost LSAT help!  (Read 3550 times)

rgrodsky

Lost LSAT help!
« on: April 06, 2006, 03:13:30 PM »
I am not sure what to do and I was hoping you all could give me some words of advice about this matter. I decided to take a LSAT prep class and picked one called Blueprint Test Prep. Itís a smaller operation then Powerscore/Testmasters/Princinton etc, but it came very highly recommended.

We took our first diagnostic test on Sunday and were supposed to have our scores on Monday. Well, my scores were not posted...so I contacted them and was told they were having technical difficulties. So I anxiously waited until the next day, but after hearing that a friend also taking the class got her score I emailed again and was again told there were technical difficulties.

About an hour later I received a telephone call from the woman who was scoring the tests informing me that mine was lost but that she was looking for it everywhere and she was sure she would find it. I took a deep breath and tried to relax and asked her to please get back in touch with me.

The next day (Wednesday) I did not hear any word from them and finally at 5:00 I called to check in and she said that she was still looking.

Now its Thursday and she still hasnít called me back and Iím sooo nervous about how I did on this stupid test! I am also really frustrated that they have not gotten back to me or even let me know what happens if it really is lost. I feel like they want me to just forget about it and leave them alone. I paid a grand for the class and I am starting to feel like I am not getting my moneyís worth, but at the same time I donít want to drop out or anything because I do like the teacher. I just donít know what to do! Help me please...

rickster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Lost LSAT help!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 01:02:23 PM »
When I was prepping, I couldn't wait to score my practice tests.

I was teaching an LSAT class for the June test date and my students would never grade their own.  I could not understand their indifference and willingness to just wait for the office to post their scores a few days later.
Washington and Lee '10

LSN

AllyS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 01:36:25 PM »
When I was prepping, I couldn't wait to score my practice tests.

I was teaching an LSAT class for the June test date and my students would never grade their own.  I could not understand their indifference and willingness to just wait for the office to post their scores a few days later.

That's so strange. I usually rushed out of the test room to score my own before I left to go home. I couldn't wait to know my score -- I had an LSAT itch I needed to scratch..... ;)

OP: If they don't find your test ask to write another prep test. Its very important to know your baseline score and how much effort you'll need to put in to reach your goal

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 06:57:37 PM »
I am not sure what to do and I was hoping you all could give me some words of advice about this matter. I decided to take a LSAT prep class and picked one called Blueprint Test Prep. Itís a smaller operation then Powerscore/Testmasters/Princinton etc, but it came very highly recommended.

We took our first diagnostic test on Sunday and were supposed to have our scores on Monday. Well, my scores were not posted...so I contacted them and was told they were having technical difficulties. So I anxiously waited until the next day, but after hearing that a friend also taking the class got her score I emailed again and was again told there were technical difficulties.

About an hour later I received a telephone call from the woman who was scoring the tests informing me that mine was lost but that she was looking for it everywhere and she was sure she would find it. I took a deep breath and tried to relax and asked her to please get back in touch with me.

The next day (Wednesday) I did not hear any word from them and finally at 5:00 I called to check in and she said that she was still looking.

Now its Thursday and she still hasnít called me back and Iím sooo nervous about how I did on this stupid test! I am also really frustrated that they have not gotten back to me or even let me know what happens if it really is lost. I feel like they want me to just forget about it and leave them alone. I paid a grand for the class and I am starting to feel like I am not getting my moneyís worth, but at the same time I donít want to drop out or anything because I do like the teacher. I just donít know what to do! Help me please...

1.  Blueprint's a great company.

2.  The first diagnostic is completely irrelevant.  It says nothing about your abilities, because you have no idea what's going on yet.  The main purpose for it is for prep companies to claim certain "improvements".  So don't stress about it. 

3.  Score the exam yourself if necessary, as noted.  If that's impossible, and they can't find it, request a discount.  They'll almost certainly give it to you, and you won't be out much.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 07:24:08 PM »
The original post is from April 2006. I hope the issue has been resolved by now.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 10:59:33 PM »
The original post is from April 2006. I hope the issue has been resolved by now.

Who's bumping these old threads?