Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boston College.... morons  (Read 1382 times)

MrRooney

Boston College.... morons
« on: April 05, 2006, 02:31:33 PM »

beccabv

• View Profile
Re: Boston College.... morons
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 05:36:17 PM »
Well at least you didn't get admitted AFTER the admitted students day, like I (and others) did at Duke.  Not even admitted off the WL, just plain admitted.  And they had a second admitted students day, but it was really only a couple of hours, and it was a week after I got in.  Since Durham is convenient to nowhere, except Chapel Hill, obviously finding an affordable plane ticket to go down there for that event wasn't possible either.

Just be glad you got in, and visit if you can.

Geddon187

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 08:54:23 PM »
Yea, admitted students days are really not any more valuable than just going and visiting the school on your own.

beccabv

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 12:03:07 AM »
Yea, admitted students days are really not any more valuable than just going and visiting the school on your own.

I disagree.

I think if you know what questions to ask, and make a point of talking to the people you need to talk to, visiting on your own can be just as useful as an admitted students day.  I visited U Texas on my own, and I felt my visit was a lot more productive and tailored to my specific concerns than the admitted students day I attended at Cornell.  It requires a lot more effort and arranging ahead of time if you're going to have a really useful solo visit, but it can definitely be just as good, if not better, than a planned-out admitted students day.  Plus, you get to see things how they really are, not all souped up to impress the admits.  Yeah, an admitted students day is nice and convenient, but I found that even at UT, which is a HUUUGE school, all the people I wanted to speak with were very willing to talk to me and help answer my questions.  Even Brian Leiter.

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 09:35:37 AM »
Well at least you didn't get admitted AFTER the admitted students day, like I (and others) did at Duke.  Not even admitted off the WL, just plain admitted.  And they had a second admitted students day, but it was really only a couple of hours, and it was a week after I got in.  Since Durham is convenient to nowhere, except Chapel Hill, obviously finding an affordable plane ticket to go down there for that event wasn't possible either.

Just be glad you got in, and visit if you can.

There is a major airport in Raleigh

ArgentinaSoccer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 10:08:16 AM »
 [/quote] so good luck to all those who are on the wait list.
[/quote]

Thanks for your withdrawl.  Those of us on the waitlist appreciate it-- even though only 10-15 of us will make it off...

99redballoons

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 01:20:36 PM »
well.. I sent my BC withdrawl in yesterday. The rigidity of their Need Access fin aid policies (other Need Access schools waived my parental tax data, since I'm older - 33, and support myself) killed it for me. Not suprisingly, one of my criteria is whether non-trad students would have an easy time at the school, and this was a big red flag for me.  I guess it just comes down to what fits for you.

Best of luck to folks on the waitlist! 

splitsky

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 03:06:28 PM »
A lot fo schools will pay for you to visit them during their admitted students weekends, but won't if you are viaiting on a random day or weekend, which makes going to the admitted students weekend much better.
In: W&L, American
Maybe: Umich, Gtown, GW, BU, Upenn, UVA, Northwestern
Out: Chicago
Pass: Fordham

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=mahaist