Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hasidic Jews riot in Brooklyn  (Read 4224 times)

Fidelio

Re: Hasidic Jews riot in Brooklyn
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 02:11:55 PM »
I did not mean to sound accusatory.  I thought that perhaps you did not like Jews and that I could give you an opportunity to be explicit about it.  I was more curious than anything else.

It's all good in LSD.  ;)

Fidelio

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 05:03:10 PM »
no worries.  i make an ass of myself all the time.

yeah, but I respect you and your godship of LSD, so I take offense to my offense of you. 

yes...that made sense... ???

Yes, we MUST be cognizant that Thou is LSD.   ;)

All Hail!  :D

brooklynboy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 03:49:24 PM »
I live about half a mile from Boro Park. This has to be the funniest thread ever. The "rioting" that took place was a group of young teenagers protesting on the street with ZERO violence and no injuries. Contrast this to the riots after the cartoon incident. The guy was partially deaf and old. The police thought that he was being defiant so this whole thing was predicated on a misunderstanding. Just so that you educate yourself, the relationship between the NYPD and the Jewish community in Brooklyn is unbelievably strong. The crime rate in the Jewish community is the lowest than any other community in Brooklyn.
I suggest you get your facts straight before coming here and talking out of your ass.

Fidelio

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 01:06:46 AM »
I live about half a mile from Boro Park. This has to be the funniest thread ever. The "rioting" that took place was a group of young teenagers protesting on the street with ZERO violence and no injuries. Contrast this to the riots after the cartoon incident. The guy was a deaf old many in his 70s. The police thought that he was being defiant so this whole thing was predicated on a misunderstanding. Just so that you educate yourself, the relationship between the NYPD and the Jewish community in Brooklyn is unbelievably strong. The crime rate in the Jewish community is the lowest than any other community in Brooklyn.

The guy wasn't deaf,  he gave numerous interviews with various Television and print media.   It is apparent that you are oblivious to what really happened and are stuck to the fiction that is churned from your neighborhood. 

This man broke the law by using his cell phone while operating a motor vehicle. Sure he was deaf.   ::)

After being stopped by the Police, he became belligerent and uncooperative and got locked up, simple.

Two of his co-religionists decided to obstruct Police action and they too were cuffed.  Subsequently the Hasidics in the neighborhood felt that they didn't get special treatment and savagly rioted throughout the streets.  It may help if you click on the news link and read the media reports.

The Hasidics burned a Police Car and set off fires across the streets. Two Officers got hurt as a result of the melee.  I am sure this furthered this sweet relationship your talking about. 

This post was started because a small minority of people should not get preferential treatment that no one else in the city can get.  It is also a shame that whenever some people do get this treatment they trot around thinking they are better than everyone else.

Similiar riots have occured in non Hasidic Jewish neighborhoods of New York, but on the contrary, there were scores of arrests made.  For example I have read that former Mayor Koch, during the crown heights riots called the actions of the Blacks there a pogrom.

Here is a picture of the oh so very young "teenagers" rioting and burning debris infront of on coming traffic. 

I'd like to know if he'd be ready to call this a "pogrom" as well..

I suggest you get your facts straight before coming here and talking out of your ass.

Who dat?

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 01:17:54 AM »
Wow...the title of this thread makes this incident seem to be a much bigger deal then it actually is...

Fidelio

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 03:25:12 AM »

You are idiotic. The difference between talking on a cellphone and a policeman shouting is that the cellphone is one millimeter from your ear. When a policeman shouts it is usually a few meters away. We are talking about an elderly person. I am the first to condemn the behavior of the people who were acting up. 

"This man broke the law by using his cell phone while operating a motor vehicle. Sure he was deaf.   ::)"

Again, the misunderstanding was based on the policeman thinking he was being recalcitrant when the truth was he did not hear them coming for afar.

You are an ignorant idiot. In the pogroms millions of people died, not some silly bonfire set on the street. Just shut up and stop talking about things you don't understand. Not one person was hurt in this incident. Many people died and buildings were burned after the Muslim riots over the silly cartoon. This "story" was in the news for about 2 days, it was that minor of an incident.  Just shut up before you embarrass yourself even further.

Anyone like to count the ad hominems in this kid's reply?

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 05:02:47 AM »
the brooklyn poster is strangely strangling some name calling devices...

why? he should ask himself.

then shut his mouth...count to ten..then respond...take a deep breath...then go back and find more colorful devices...creativity and some time out might help the poster from brooklyn.... :)

the area of brooklyn where this happened is very community-like...if the people in that community want to soil their own home...let them...they WILL be the ones cleaning it up...not the police.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• Sr. Citizen
  • great grandpa mccain = warmonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 08:37:38 AM »
putz.
if want "change," stop following republicans off cliff.