Law School Discussion

Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

florentino ariza

Re: Would you marry a person with the wrong politics?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2006, 09:31:35 AM »
i would beat my wife if she was a conservative republican.

that's not funny. js

also, I'm so sad we didn't meet last weekend!!! :'(

it's more likely i'd just get a divorce. but she'd make me want to beat her.

and yeah, we had a lot of houses to look at :(

lsatflunkie

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2006, 09:33:15 AM »
I married a Democrat who is now a Republican  ;D ;D ;D

redemption

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2006, 09:38:42 AM »
Also, there's a lot to be said about the overwhelmingly democaratic majority on here.  As evidenced by a recent poll, most of you guys come from well-to-do middle class families or better, and have no idea what it's like to be a minority, poor, from a 3rd world country, etc.  Perhaps this lends itself to another poll, Watson?

Absurd.

Only partially. It is reasonable to assume that most people (more than 50%) on this forum are not from 3rd world countries. If I had to guess, Iíd say there are more whites than blacks, Latinos, Asians, etc. and that there are more people who come from rich (94k and above gross family income for top 10 percent U.S.) families, but those two are more in doubt.
There may be a sizable minority of poor and non-whites, but they probably donít constitute a majority and therefore this isnít really absurd.

Please read his post more carefully. I am not your reading instructor.

florentino ariza

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2006, 09:39:18 AM »

For disdain for the weak or for narrow-mindedness?

because she'd consider it her due. southern baptist in the HEEEZY.

lsatflunkie

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2006, 09:39:28 AM »
Also, there's a lot to be said about the overwhelmingly democaratic majority on here.  As evidenced by a recent poll, most of you guys come from well-to-do middle class families or better, and have no idea what it's like to be a minority, poor, from a 3rd world country, etc.  Perhaps this lends itself to another poll, Watson?

Absurd.

Only partially. It is reasonable to assume that most people (more than 50%) on this forum are not from 3rd world countries. If I had to guess, Iíd say there are more whites than blacks, Latinos, Asians, etc. and that there are more people who come from rich (94k and above gross family income for top 10 percent U.S.) families, but those two are more in doubt.
There may be a sizable minority of poor and non-whites, but they probably donít constitute a majority and therefore this isnít really absurd.

actually- i thought that poll was not about where you come from but what you consider yourself or something to that effect.  I answered that poll based on where/what i am today- not where/what I came from (two very different things) jsia

redemption

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2006, 09:41:49 AM »

For disdain for the weak or for narrow-mindedness?

because she'd consider it her due. southern baptist in the HEEEZY.

That's my first good laugh of the day  :D :D :D

florentino ariza

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2006, 09:42:08 AM »
yeah... my parents now are well off. when i was growing up we didn't always have a car, color tv, a fridge that worked, and one of our apartments had a hole in the bathroom that looked down onto the bathroom the floor below.

good job, though, jammer, you really showed us liberals that we have no clue what being poor is like. perhaps if you weren't so proud, you'd ask why the other people from your childhood weren't able to make it out, and do more than just blame them and not factor in the position from which they started.

Lionel Hutz

• aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2006, 09:47:11 AM »
???
I don't identify myself with either political party. They're crooks to a man (and woman).

Republican or Democrat, they only want to get paid., and I'm not the one paying them.

How about independent?
There are also a bunch of third parties. They might not win many elections, but they're there.

magnumalv

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2006, 09:50:17 AM »
I think it's interesting that the poll question asks if you would marry someone with the wrong politics, rather than someone with "different" politics... so doesn't that invite replies that are predisposed to sticking along party lines?

Lionel Hutz

• aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2006, 09:53:28 AM »
good job, though, jammer, you really showed us liberals that we have no clue what being poor is like. perhaps if you weren't so proud, you'd ask why the other people from your childhood weren't able to make it out, and do more than just blame them and not factor in the position from which they started.

Why attack jammer? He didn't even say anything all that provocative beyond that he used to be poor and credits Reagonomics for his family's success.