Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fordham is sneaky  (Read 991 times)

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
Fordham is sneaky
« on: April 04, 2006, 01:11:59 PM »
A month ago, I withdrew from Fordham after being deferred. Then, a couple of days ago, I get a letter saying that I've been rejected from Fordham... come on guys, trying to make your acceptance rate a little lower is one thing, but rejecting an application that isn't even *valid* anymore is another. :D

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

Patrick Fitzgerald

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fordham is sneaky
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 06:35:16 PM »
A month ago, I withdrew from Fordham after being deferred. Then, a couple of days ago, I get a letter saying that I've been rejected from Fordham... come on guys, trying to make your acceptance rate a little lower is one thing, but rejecting an application that isn't even *valid* anymore is another. :D

I wouldn't say they're sneaky, just incompetant. fordham is probably the worst administered law school in the in tier 1, and maybe even tier 2. they genuinely have no idea what they're doing and their admissions office probably a 3 ring circus right now.

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 02:44:09 AM »
That's true... still, it is pretty weak, kind of like quitting right before you get fired or preempting a breakup just for some ?pride? reasons. IDK

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
  • @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 06:04:52 AM »
assholes. they better not pull that *&^% on me or i'll kick them in the shin.

lol
Mr. White: Smoke?
Mr. Pink: I quit.
[later]
Mr. Pink: What, you got one?

Ann 244

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 11:48:37 AM »
Texas did something like this to me.  I decided on Northwestern over the weekend, and I withdrew from other schools I was admitted to via e-mail to Michigan, GULC, Vandy, GW, and Texas on Monday.  Most schools sent me nice, brief notices that they got my withdrawl.

Texas, two days after I withdrew, however, sent me an e-mail (from the same address I sent my withdrawl to) saying I had missed the deadline to turn in my seat deposit (either April 15th or three weeks after acceptance) and rescinded my admission.  So I sent them a quick e-mail back saying that I had withdrawn my acceptance two days earlier, but thanks for the notice!  It upset me a little because they had been so nice throughout the rest of the admissions process. Either they are really disorganized or this is a shady way for them to improve their selectivity (I know they must be hoping to break into the magic *top 15* that Leiter talks about, hehe).