Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SLS Admit Weekend  (Read 502 times)

law101

• View Profile
SLS Admit Weekend
« on: April 03, 2006, 10:48:21 PM »
A bored 2L here taking q's if anyone needs advice...

LizA

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: SLS Admit Weekend
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 10:51:28 PM »
Hi.Help me decide between Chicago-kent(pt)($) and Pepperdine ($$).

law101

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 10:56:49 PM »
Well, do you want to work in CA or Chicago?  It seems like those options are regional in terms of job opportunities.  If you're indifferent, Pepperdine with ($$) seems like a good option; it has a decent reputation on the west coast and the campus is in a ridiculously nice location.

LizA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 11:09:53 PM »
Thanks, I really appreciate your input. I actually already live in LA so it would be nice not to have to move. I haven't yet heard from Loyola (pt) but would you choose Loyola (pt) over Pepperdine?

law101

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 11:15:05 PM »
I would choose Pepperdine over Loyola (pt) mainly because I think you get more out of law school if you go full time.  They seem to have reasonably similar reputations, but I'm not that familiar with the LA market.  Since you're already there, you should definitely visit both and then decide - personal impression should be the primary factor if you are choosing between two similarly ranked schools in the same location. 

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 11:25:12 PM »
I'm lost lol -- what the hell does this have to do with the SLS Admit Weekend?   :-\
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

LizA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 11:29:35 PM »
I'm going to the open house for admitted students at Pepperdine on Friday. I can't wait to meet some of the students and faculty and decide what i think of them. Loyola seems like more of a commuter school. It's campus is not bad but it's in the middle of a not so nice part of downtown and I would have to battle with traffic everyday to get there whereas if i went to Pepperdine i would live on campus and be fully immersed in the academic environment. Pepperdine has been my sentimental favorite all along but i started to worry when i got into chicago-kent(pt) because chicago is now ranked at 60 and pepperdine at 87 (these are the brand new us news rankings for 2007). Thanks i think i'll still lean toward pepperdine.