Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USC  (Read 2857 times)

ladylazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
USC
« on: April 03, 2006, 04:56:23 PM »
Am very pleased to have just gotten The Big Envelope from USC, but gaaaaah, way to throw a monkey wrench into my plans! 

See, I had it all worked out.  Visit Vandy this weekend, and if I loved it, put in seat deposits for both it and GW (since I won't have time to visit GW before they're due), and if I didn't love it, just put in for GW and hope that a better school that's still pending might come along.

But now USC!  It's ranked higher than GW, but I'd take that with a grain of salt.  I have no clue where I want to work.  And no way can I visit LA in the next two weeks... plus, I haven't heard from UCLA yet, and wouldn't want to make plans to travel there until I do.  (I'm expecting a ding, but you know... what if?)

Sorry, that's just my personal crisis rambling.  I guess the real point of this post should be YAY USC!  Anyone else get in recently?

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: USC
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 04:58:02 PM »
congrats-

i'm sure you read in the acceptance packet, but you don't have to send in a deposit until the end of May- so you will have plently of time to think about it.

Zeveria

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 04:59:00 PM »
congrats-

i'm sure you read in the acceptance packet, but you don't have to send in a deposit until the end of May- so you will have plently of time to think about it.

I think it is the end of April for the deposit, at least it was for me.

Hedley Lamarr

• Sr. Citizen
  • What in the wide, wide world of sports is agoin on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 04:59:52 PM »
If you decide against USC, withdraw ASAP, please
Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total female dog

What are ya a bunch of Kansas City faggots

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 05:00:14 PM »
congrats-

mine said May 20something

Zeveria

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 05:04:31 PM »
Am very pleased to have just gotten The Big Envelope from USC, but gaaaaah, way to throw a monkey wrench into my plans! 

See, I had it all worked out.  Visit Vandy this weekend, and if I loved it, put in seat deposits for both it and GW (since I won't have time to visit GW before they're due), and if I didn't love it, just put in for GW and hope that a better school that's still pending might come along.

But now USC!  It's ranked higher than GW, but I'd take that with a grain of salt.  I have no clue where I want to work.  And no way can I visit LA in the next two weeks... plus, I haven't heard from UCLA yet, and wouldn't want to make plans to travel there until I do.  (I'm expecting a ding, but you know... what if?)

Sorry, that's just my personal crisis rambling.  I guess the real point of this post should be YAY USC!  Anyone else get in recently?

I got into USC a couple weeks ago and GW today.  I too am awaiting UCLA.   At this point I'm choosing USC.  But that is because I'm from SoCal and well it is the best ranked school that has accepted me.  Though if I was connected to DC and had nothing in LA then I would take GW very seriously.  It really comes down to that.  USC will be a great place to start in LA while GW would probably serve a DC career very well. 

Zeveria

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 05:05:43 PM »
congrats-

I guess they like you better than they like me  ::)

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 05:08:32 PM »
congrats-

that or i cant read

ladylazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 05:09:44 PM »
Yeah, it's end of April.

Also, you have to send in a new form to be considered for scholarships.  I wonder if they only send scholarship offers to people that decide to go there?  That makes deciding a little more difficult, too.

And of course, re: withdrawing.  I've withdrawn from schools that I'm no longer actively considering, but sometimes you've got to juggle until the very end.

Zeveria

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 05:10:15 PM »
congrats-

Only you would know if there is any truth to that. :)

that or i cant read