Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 5964 times)

redemption

Re: Sowell on AA
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 07:07:32 PM »

For all the talk of reading critically, you'd think I wouldn't have to do this:

I generally just lurk, as I just don't have the time or energy required to contribute substantially to many of these threads...especially in some of the other forums, but I'd agree with some of Breadboy's assertations concerning Ms. Red. I find her entertaining, and perhaps she doesn't feel she needs to "prove" herself to newer posters because she's obviously part of the LSD intelligensia.

Let's not talk about me. Let's talk substance. Tell me why you find his book or his ideas persuasive. I'll be reasonable, I promise.

magnumalv

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 07:07:43 PM »
I generally just lurk, as I just don't have the time or energy required to contribute substantially to many of these threads...especially in some of the other forums, but I'd agree with some of Breadboy's assertations concerning Ms. Red. I find her entertaining, and perhaps she doesn't feel she needs to "prove" herself to newer posters because she's obviously part of the LSD intelligensia.

Honey, this is in reference to kisssuicide's relative newness, not your own. But perhaps it's too dark to read carefully from the spot where you've landed down my throat?

the LSD intelligentsia, I feel like I'm in a franz fanon book or something.

:D

Also: I hear you've been saying nice things about me.  ;)

John Galt

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 07:14:13 PM »

Honey, this is in reference to kisssuicide's relative newness, not your own. But perhaps it's too dark to read carefully from the spot where you've landed down my throat?

the LSD intelligentsia, I feel like I'm in a franz fanon book or something.

:D

Also: I hear you've been saying nice things about me.  ;)

I tried to vote for you, but i voted for the wrong person :( .

magnumalv

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 07:16:40 PM »
So she was responding to someone who hadn't yet posted?

Don't be obtuse. Do I really need to spell this out for you? I suppose so:

You posted.
Red posted.
You get peeved bc you want more substance bc you don't think she knows what she's talking about.
Kisssuicide gets peeved bc he/she thinks red should be more substantive and prove her intelligence to newcomers.

Now, if you really want to keep this up, kindly point to the sentence where 1) we call you a newbie and 2) you complain that red is riding on her reputation as an intelligent articulate poster. If I remember correctly, you just call her uninformed, don't you?

magnumalv

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2006, 07:20:52 PM »
For all the talk of reading critically, you'd think I wouldn't have to do this:

Also, don't patronize me. I'm a Lit major; all I do is read critically. It's about all I"m good for.

redemption

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 07:33:25 PM »
See, now breadboy? You're just another troll. I had hoped that you'd have some substance as to why you find Sowell persuasive, but it doesn't look like you do. Just another sad individual who thinks that instituional slavery is a figment of other people's imagination.  It turns out that you don't even agree with Sowell's premises; only his conclusions. That's why he stays in business - he appeals to intellects like yours.

George JeffersonČ

• Sr. Citizen
  • Suck on my salty chocolate balls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 07:36:47 PM »
See, now breadboy? You're just another troll. I had hoped that you'd have some substance as to why you find Sowell persuasive, but it doesn't look like you do. Just another sad individual who thinks that instituional slavery is a figment of other people's imagination.  It turns out that you don't even agree with Sowell's premises; only his conclusions. That's why he stays in business - he appeals to intellects (read: lack of)  like yours.
Put 'em in yo mouth!

George JeffersonČ

• Sr. Citizen
  • Suck on my salty chocolate balls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 07:38:59 PM »
See, now breadboy? You're just another troll. I had hoped that you'd have some substance as to why you find Sowell persuasive, but it doesn't look like you do. Just another sad individual who thinks that instituional slavery is a figment of other people's imagination.  It turns out that you don't even agree with Sowell's premises; only his conclusions. That's why he stays in business - he appeals to intellects (read: lack of)  like yours.

Now that's trolling

No. I am simply amplifying her post.

At least I contributed the persuasive Matrix argument against AA.
Put 'em in yo mouth!

redemption

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2006, 07:49:11 PM »
This is now edited for clarity. Multitasking is a b*tch.  :D

See, now breadboy? You're just another troll. I had hoped that you'd have some substance as to why you find Sowell persuasive, but it doesn't look like you do. Just another sad individual who thinks that instituional racism is a figment of other people's imagination.  It turns out that you don't even agree with Sowell's premises; only his conclusions. That's why he stays in business - he appeals to intellects like yours.

I'll await your substantive post.

redemption

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2006, 07:56:45 PM »
This is now edited for clarity. Multitasking is a b*tch.  :D

See, now breadboy? You're just another troll. I had hoped that you'd have some substance as to why you find Sowell persuasive, but it doesn't look like you do. Just another sad individual who thinks that instituional racism is a figment of other people's imagination.  It turns out that you don't even agree with Sowell's premises; only his conclusions. That's why he stays in business - he appeals to intellects like yours.

I'll await your substantive post.

Keep in mind, contrary to what you might think, I have respect for just about anyone with a 4.0 and a 176. I also admire your rehetorical skills, but there comes a point in time where you can't say; that's the way it is, trust me, I know what I'm talking about, oh my God you don't believe in that you must be a _____ (fool, racist, sexist, Creationisthetrosexualwhitech ristianmale, etc.). It's all in good fun.

Believe it or not, i don't much care what someone believes, only that they believe it well, based on a good argument or rationale.