Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Marathon  (Read 1593 times)

foxnewssucks

LSAT Marathon
« on: August 03, 2004, 11:33:08 PM »
I was considering doing 3 full LSAT preptests (12 sections and 3 random "experimentals") the saturday before the LSAT back-to-back-to-back.  I would allow myself a glass of water and one restroom break if I needed it during this time period. 

The purpose?

(1) Obviously more practice with questions and timing.
(2) The length of the test on the actual test day will pale in comparison and feel like a break. 

Disadvantages?

I do not see any other than it would really suck, not as much as foxnews, but it still would suck.  I do not think burnout would be an issue due to it being a week before the test.

Is this a reccomended course of action or not?

NYKnicks

Re: LSAT Marathon
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 11:51:06 PM »
Thats what I was planning on doing, Hell I'm actually starting that routine this weekend, with some small variations.

Trancer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Conan the Republican!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 10:14:06 AM »
Nice, maybe ill do something like this too... but how will you fight those terrible hunger pangs while doing 3 Full Lsats...?
Its not the size of the army that counts, its the fury of the onslaught.
Seton Hall, August 05

nathanielmark

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 10:15:48 AM »
you also might consider hiring someone to administer lashings thruought the tests.  turn up the heat and wear one of those rubber suits too.

Trancer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 10:18:38 AM »
You can even put your toes into a clamp... and for every wrong answer... you have to make one full turn... thatll teach you to get that f-ing assumption right...!!!
Seton Hall, August 05

MikeyMoe1

• 3.93/161--an October Retake boy
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MikeyMoe1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 12:43:51 PM »
I think you might run the risk of burning yourself out...up to you though, if you think you have the mental stamina to handle it.  Good luck!
Bush/Cheney '04--because peace and prosperity suck.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 01:35:38 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes.  As far as hunger... I plan on eating right before and just have to make it through all those hours on that meal. 

darren

• Sr. Citizen
  • Nader / Camejo 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 01:38:27 PM »
Sounds like an ambitious plan, but if I were you I'd allow myself to eat.  You're talking about 9+ hours with no food.  My plan is to try to keep a regular eating and sleeping schedule leading up to test day so that I'm in good shape for the day.
GPA - 3.55 Overall, 3.75 Last 3 Years
LSAT - 169,171 on Timed Practice Tests

Trancer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 01:38:51 PM »
If i were you, i would practice eating different foods... i noticed that when i eat Chili's (the restaurant, not the food) or Chinese i perform terrible... but if i eat salmon or chicken, i perform well... we should make a post about the correlation between what you eat and how well you perform.
Seton Hall, August 05

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 01:39:33 PM »
I think that noise would be a great way to practice as well.  In my test center, the chairs squeaked like a mofo and the A/C made an incessant hum.  Add the coughs, page turns, and the one watch that beeped twice but was never found, and noise can be a factor that you're really not used to.